EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath V2 Reverb Pedal
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath is an otherworldly reverberation machine that uses a swarm of short delays to create wild and cavernous reverbs and scattered, short rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics.The Afterneath is an otherworldly reverberation machine that uses a swarm of short delays to create wild and cavernous reverbs and scattered, short rhythmic delays with bizarre characteristics. The reverb created is beyond massive and goes well beyond the territory of most reverb pedals. The controls allow you to stretch, smudge, swell and even self-oscillate into messy ambient washes of sound. The Length control adjusts the decay of the reverb; anything from shorter hall through endless plate style reverbs can be achieved. The Reflect knob controls the regeneration, basically feeding the output back through to create an even deeper otherworldly dreamscape. The Drag control lets you pull the reverb through time by slowing down or speeding up the reverb. The Diffuse knob adds control over spread of the reverb ranging from identifiable attack to a wash of smooth reverb. The Dampen control adjusts the tone of the reverb, both stinging bright tones and warmer swell. The end result is an ethereal, ambient wash that goes from hall to an infinite glitched-out orchestra pit warming up in a canyon at the bottom of another canyon inside a well
The Afterneath is true bypass with an all digital reverb engine, all analog dry signal path and hand made one at a time in Akron, Ohio.
- Length: Controls the decay length of the reverb.
- Diffuse: Adjusts the spread of the reverb. Sharper with more attack counter clockwise, more ambient and washy as you turn it clockwise.
- Dampen: Clockwise for brighter tones, counter clockwise for darker tones.
- Drag: This digital reverb is made up of a bunch of short delays, this separates the delay lines creating a stuttering, pingy effect. This is the coolest control on the Afterneath, we highly advise slowly turning this while you let notes ring out for a cool warped speed effect. More delay as you turn it counter clockwise, more reverb as you turn it clockwise.
- Reflect: Controls the regeneration of the reverb, turn clockwise for more wash and echos, counterclockwise for less. This will self oscillate if turned up high.
- Mix: Blends the wet signal into the dry. Though it does not actually go full wet, it will gradually lower the clean level as you turn it clockwise and give the appearance of full wet.
A standard 9 volt DC power supply with a negative center 2.1mm barrel, no battery option. Using this pedal on a daisy chain is not recommended. Please use a a dedicated power supply or isolated output from a multiple tap power supply for best performance. Do not use any generic adapter. Do not run at higher voltages! Current Draw is 65ma.
Get your EarthQuaker Afterneath V2 Reverb Pedal today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Things You Will Get:
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Built Well
- Great Tone
- Gigging Musicians
- Studio Musicians
This pedal is one of my favorite reverbs. It can be as subtle or as dramatic as you want. In the subtle category you can use it just to give some depth to your sound without it taking away from your tone, or on the opposite side, you can get as cavernous as you'd like and reach some serious ambient tones. Its so versatile and will easily find a home on anyone's board.
This is a staff review from Memphis @ Store 57 in Indianapolis.
- Was this a gift?:
$24.95 to $25.95
$49.95 to $62.95
$16.99$11.99 Save : $5.00 (29%)