AKG C451B Cardioid Condenser Microphone (Matched Stereo Pair)
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The C 451 B is an excellent tool for accurately capturing signals rich in transients such as drums, instruments with a percussive sound, acoustic guitar, or for overhead applications.
Responding to growing demand, AKG decided to make the C 451 B with the same acoustic performance as the popular original C 451 EB + CK 1, with dramatically improved specifications. Using an extremely light diaphragm, the new C 451 B is almost totally insensitive to handling noise. Other features include an all-metal body for excellent protection from RF interference and high reliability for excellent results under almost all conditions.
• Ultra-smooth response with slight rising on-axis frequency characteristic
• High front-to-back rejection ratio
• Transformerless output for low distortion at high operating levels
• 10 and 20 dB pad
• Switchable 12-dB roll-off at 75 or 150 Hz
The C 451 B is a cardioid only design with a permanently fixed capsule (a departure from the previous modular system). The acoustics of the original cardioid-capsule, CK 1, are modeled and matched in the current version, producing the unique overall rising frequency characteristics. The rise is no more than 3 dB and is broadly centered around 12 kHz.
Its transformerless preamp uses surface mount technology and, therefore is lighter, yet more rugged than its predecessor. Switchable 10 and 20 dB pads are now integrated. Maximum sound pressure levels in the range of 155 dB (in the 20 dB sensitivity position) can be attained with no greater than 0.5% distortion. A selectable low frequency, or bass roll-off option, provides 12 dB per octave attenuation below 75 or 150 Hz.
The C 451 B, like its predecessor, is most commonly used in studio and tour sound applications such as miking choirs, drums, percussion and acoustic guitars. It operates on all phantom voltages between 9 and 52 volts.
The SA 40 stand adapter and W 90 windscreen are included as standard accessories.
• Transducer type: condenser • Frequency response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz • Sensitivity at 1 kHz: 9 mV/Pa (-41 dBV) • Self noise level: 18 dB-A • Dynamic range: 117 dB • Polar pattern: cardioid • Impedance: 200 ohms • Load impedance: >1000 ohms • Switchable pad: -10 and –20 dB • Sound pressure level for 0.5% THD: 135 dB SPL (unpadded); 145 dB SPL (-10 dB pad); 155 dB SPL (-20 dB pad) • LF roll-off: 12 dB/octave at 75 and 150 Hz • Power requirement: Phantom powering, 9 to 52 Vdc • Output connector: 3-pin XLR-M • Finish: Satin nickel • Size: .75 inches diameter (19 mm); 6.3 inches length (160 mm) • Included accessories: SA 40 stand adapter; W 90 foam windscreen; padded carrying case
ABOUT THE PAIR
The matched pairs consist of two microphones that are within 1 dB to each other in sensitivity and also within 1 dB to each other in the range of 200 Hz to 15,000 Hz of the individual frequency response when used in cardioid mode and are selected from a large quantity of individual microphones using the described criteria by using a proprietary computer program.
Using this matched pair for stereo recordings utilizing various techniques will provide for a good and stable balance without frequency-dependent shifting of the stereo panorama.
The kit includes all the standard accessories of the individual package along with a stereo bar and proof of performance charts in an attractive carrying case (Soundtool case, middle size).
AKG Acoustics warrants AKG products against defects in material or workmanship for a period of two years from the date of original purchase, and agrees to repair or, at AKG's option replace any defective unit without charge for either parts or labor. AKG grants a three-year warranty covering selected products (C 12 VR, C 414 B-ULS, C 414 B-TLII, C 414 B-XLS, C 414 B-XLII, C 426 B, C 451 B, C 480 B, C 391 B, C 1000 B, C 2000 S, C 3000 B, C 4000 B, C 4500 B, SolidTube) against defects in material and workmanship.
Things You Will Get:
- 2 Microphones
|Series||Recording Microphones Series|