AmpRX BrownBox Guitar Amp Power Correction/Voltage Optimization Unit
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
For superior tube amp performance, consistent signature tone and professional control over your sound, look no further than the AmpRx BrownBox Guitar Amp Power Correction/Voltage Optimization Unit.Whether you're recording or performing, the BrownBox is the ultimate solution for professional guitarists who want the very best sound out of their tube amp. Used by some of the biggest names in rock including Joe Walsh, Joe Hottinger (Halestorm), Brad Whitford (Aerosmith), and plenty more, the BrownBox will make your vintage tube amp sound the way that it was always meant to.
The BrownBox is a voltage optimizer that was designed to offer a safe range of voltage reduction levels made specifically for the same, era-correct voltages that vintage tube amps were designed around. The result is the pure authentic tube tone, classic tube saturation, and all the rich harmonic content that you want from your vintage tube amp.
The Brown box is a bit of an enigma to some first time users of the product, because there has never been a device exactly like it offered ever before.
So…what does it do?
Let's start with what is not.
The Brown box enables your amp to work as it was designed. This is especially true for vintage and vintage-inspired boutique amps. Many discerning guitarists seek to recreate a favorite player's tone, and scrutinize their signal path, right down to the cables that connect stomp boxes. Many players use old-school carbon dollar store 9-volt batteries in their vintage treble boosters and fuzz boxes to achieve an authentic sound. It seems that alkaline batteries are more efficient, and supply too much power to the effect. The BrownBox is no different. It lowers the line voltage from your wall to what the designers intended. The change in sound goes from slight to significant, depending on what you are using. An important side effect of the lower or "browned out" voltage is longer life for tubes, caps and all internal components. The BrownBox cleverly meters the line voltage from the wall, and then can be selectively lowered to the desired amount. Now you can hear what a '59 Bassman sounds like with 1959 power, in a nutshell. The result is hearing your amp as designed, for the first time. Imagine a 112 volt amp being powered with 112 volts, instead of drawing the 120,122, or higher line voltage coming out of a modern wall socket. As guitarists, we scrutinize rigs down to the right kind of pick. The true starting point of your tone happens before you even plug in. See and hear what you have been missing!
One BrownBox will handle any combo amp, and up to a 100W head. Not intended for solid state amps.
Benefits of Voltage Optimization:
- Establishes the basis for your signal chain and the starting point in building a consistent signature tone. Earlier power tube saturation equals earlier break-up at more usable volume levels.
- A smoother tonal shift toward even order harmonics, revealing the amplifier's true designed tone fundamental.
- Lower internal voltages = lower dissipation = longer component life.
- Easy to read, back-lit L.C.D. display enabling real-time voltage and amperage monitoring, also useful for diagnostics.
- Tough road rugged construction.
- Proprietary Transformer designs wound exclusively for use with tube amplifiers, an industry first!
- Filament soft-start in full reduction mode.
- A powder coated EMF neutral housing. In-rush current protection, fused over-load protection .
- Silent, cool operation.
- Custom wound 5 amp proprietary transformer that will supply 540 watts max@ 120 Vac. Designed for Mid to larger sized Amps, Fender Bassman, Marshall 50s/100S Etc or for Parallel or ( DUAL) amp rigs. Be sure to Check the Manufactures info plate on the rear of the Chassis for input watt requirements.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY.
- Made in the USA.
Things You Will Get:
- Voltage Optimization Unit
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
The Brown Box is indispensable if you play vintage or vintage spec amps and turn them up to crunch and beyond. Even my band could hear the improvement in the tone of my Marshall 1974x with me running it at 110 volts with the Brown Box. Harmonics and overtones are more apparent, everything sounds more even across the frequency spectrum, and the amp is less loud which is always good. This thing is going everywhere my amps go!
- Was this a gift?: