Bugera 1960 Infinium 150-watt Guitar Amp Head
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
An endless variety of tones are available at your fingertips with the Bugera 1960 Infinium Guitar Amp Head.The Bugera 1960 Infinium Guitar Amp Head will take you on a sonic tour through decades past. This amp head features 2 preamp channels with 4 input jacks perform in separate, parallel or cascaded operation, bridging the tonal eras of the '60s, '70s and '80s. This amp is driven by a set of 4 EL34 power tubes for a vintage warmth and tone to complement its vintage styling.
Its 2-channel preamp takes you everywhere from warm blues to all-out rock & roll raunch. The Bugera 1960 Infinium also features revolutionary INFINIUM Valve Life Multiplier technology. This revolutionary circuit not only optimizes the performance of each output tube, it dynamically balances the drive between them to more evenly distribute the load; extending the life of your amplifier’s expensive power valves up to 20 times. With INFINIUM, your tubes last up to 20 times longer, saving you substantial money over the lifespan of your amplifier. This technology monitors performance of each power tube continuously and displays defective valves to allow for easy and individual replacement.
- Hand-built all-valve amplifier driven by 4 x EL34 valves with a monstrous output transformer
- Two preamp channels with 4 input jacks perform in separate, parallel or cascaded operation, bridging the tonal eras of the '60s, '70s and '80s
- Vintage hot-rodded preamp mod from the early '80s featuring 3 x ECC83 valves for terrifying tone and classic hi-gain
- Revolutionary INFINIUM Valve Life Multiplier technology: – Extends the life of your amplifier’s expensive power valves up to 20 times – Provides incredible reliability and consistent tone over the complete lifespan of your valves – No need for expensive matched valve sets – Allows you to mix and match any combination of compatible valve types and brands – Monitors performance of each power tube continuously and displays defective valves to allow for easy and individual replacement
- Post-phase splitter Master control with true bypass for authentic performance
- Original '60s tone control section with Bass, Mid, Treble and Presence
- FX Loop with dedicated Level switch and true Bypass function
- Impedance switch (4, 8 and 16 Ohms) to match virtually any speaker cabinet
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
Things You Will Get:
- Guitar Amp Head
- Power Supply
- Owner's Manual
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Good Warmth
- No biasing needed
- Professional Recording
Comments about Bugera 1960 Infinium 150-Watt Guitar Amp Head:
It sounds incredible, a bit bright but not in a bad way, easily dialed back. The parametric is extremely responsive, more headroom than a 747. Swapping tubes at will, with different combinations, no biasing needed, Awesome. It is real loud, if you live in an apartment be careful you could be evicted. Tonal options are endless. You have to use processors and or pedals if you need FX's or specific types of distortion, I.E. Metal, but you can't beat the tone of this amp at any price range. The channel cascading mod Randy made famous is built in stock. If you are a Plexi fan but can't afford one, this is better, and it's in a realistic price range. Yes I said "better" 150 Watts of absolute ear joy. It bleeds tone all over the place. I am using Gold Lion 6L6's in it right now, the tone and sound cannot be described in my limited vocabulary. It turns your pedals and processors into tools, not something to hide behind. It allows you and your guitar to shine, the amp seems to breath, it is amazingly responsive. If you feel you need an attenuator invest in a quality unit, the built in Phase inverter (attenuator) sucks, the only bad thing I can say about it. The effects loop offers a true bypass and when in use it has no affect on your tone, a good thing. I have several tube heads and combos, for the money I cannot imagine a better deal. It sounds better than my 2K Mesa. "for real" it is louder than 3 Classic Peavey 400's (that is stupid loud if you don't know) don't let the vintage concept fool you, "yes if you are a Jimmy Page fan you will be ecstatic, but I also use a MetalMuff and a H&K Warp thru this head, Nice,…. It does it all, "well" and then some. You can discover yourself in this amp. Only someone with no ears could make it sound bad, even then it would likely still sound good.
|Other Features||Hand-built all-valve amplifier driven by (4) x EL34 and (3) x EEC83 valves|