Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The Cuatro is a Venezuelan instrument. Most players strum the instrument (the reason for the tap plate built seamlessly on the upper bout), and the Cuatro's sound tends to serve as a rhythmic and harmonic base. Popular for its simplistic design and its compact size (20.5" or 521mm scale length), the Cuatro is a versatile instrument fit for all styles and varieties of music. Cordoba's Cuatro is made with a solid Spruce top, mahogany back and sides and a mahogany tap plate. Case not included.
The Cordoba Cuatro is tuned to D-G-B-E (standard Baritone ukulele tuning). Traditionally the Cuatro is tuned to the standard A-D-F#-B. It is tuned in a similar fashion to the traditional D tuning of the ukulele, but the A and B are an octave lower. Consequently, the same fingering can be used to shape the chords, but it produces a different inversion of each chord.
- Top: Solid Spruce Top
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Rosewood bridge
- Rosette: All natural wood inlaid
- Finish: Satin (matte) finish, natural color
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 511mm (20.125")
- Nut Width: 38mm (1.5")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 39mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Markers on the 3, 5, 7, 9, 12
- Nut/Saddle: Composite
- Number of Frets: 14 frets total
- Body Width & Length: 174mm width at upper bout / 255mm width at lower bout / 800mm (31.5") in total length
- Overall Length: 30.75"
- Body Depth: 70mm at upper bout / 79mm at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Tuning Machines
- Strings: Aquila Baritone ukulele treble strings / D'Addario wound bass strings
- Electronics: NA
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: Mahogany
- Case: Not included
Things You Will Get: