Cordoba Guilele 6-String Ukulele
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Introducing the groundbreaking Guilele from Cordoba! A crossover instrument with the size, sound, and feel of a tenor ukulele but with six strings, tuned just like a guitar, only higher*. This small six string is light, portable and a great travel option for guitarists on the go. It’s also a fantastic instrument for the ukulele player looking to explore the guitar, or for the adventurous guitarist searching for new sonic territory. The Cordoba Guilele is built with a solid spruce top, mahogany back and sides, a rosewood fingerboard, and a natural satin finish. Case not included.
*The Cordoba Guilele is designed to be tuned up a 4th from standard guitar tuning (same as a guitar with a capo at the 5th fret - A D G C E A - low to high), in the register of a traditional ukulele. Because the scale length of the Guilele is so much shorter than a guitar, standard E guitar tuning is not possible on this particular instrument, even with an alternate set of strings.
- Top: Solid Spruce Top
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Black ABS binding / Rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: NA
- Rosette: All natural wood braided inlay
- Finish: Satin (matte) finish, natural color
- Neck/Fingerboard: Rosewood Fingerboard
- Scale Length: 435mm (17.125")
- Nut Width: 46mm (1.8")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 50mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Markers on the 5,7,10,12
- Nut/Saddle: Composite
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 17 total
- Body Width & Length: 226mm width at lower bout / 170mm at upper bout / 28" in total length
- Overall Length: 27.25"
- Body Depth: 70mm at upper and lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Tuning Machines
- Strings: Aquila Nylgut Guilele Strings
- Electronics: NA
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Not included
Things You Will Get:
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- No Pickup
Comments about Cordoba Guilele Acoustic Travel Guitar:
It's summer time, need a travel size guitar. I wanted something smaller than a 3/4 or even a 1/2 size guitar. This Cordoba was the answer. I love the Cordoba classical guitars, probably best
value for the money in terms of sound and quality. This guitar is
the size of a ukulele but has six strings. That means I can play it just like a guitar. The strings are tuned higher, a fifth up, to
accommodate the short scale neck. The solid top rings loud and clear. Best I can take it everywhere.
- Was this a gift?:
|Other Features||17.25" Scale, 18 Frets, Black Binding, Wood Rosette|