Crown PCC130 Surface Mount Boundary Microphone
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The Crown® PCC®-130 is a surface mounted small cardioid microphone of professional quality. This handsomely styled unit is appropriate for use on the most elegant boardroom table or lectern. Other applications include churches, courtrooms and teleconferencing. With its small size, the PCC-130 is less conspicuous on a conference table than comparable mics. Because of its highly directional pickup pattern, the PCC-130 minimizes background noise and feedback.
The microphone uses the principle of phase coherency achieved by mounting a small-diameter mic capsule very near a boundary. Direct and reflected sound waves arrive at the mic in-phase, and add coherently. This enhances sensitivity, clarity and reach. Self-contained electronics eliminate the need for an in-line power module. Powered by 12-48V phantom power, the PCC-130 has a low impedance balanced output which permits long cable runs without hum pickup or high frequency loss. Included with each PCC-130 is a 15-foot (4.6-m), two-conductor shielded microphone cable with a TA3F connector (mic end) and 3-pin male XLR-type connector (output).
Capable of withstanding up to 120 dB SPL without distortion, the PCC-130 will never overload in practical use. Its electret-condenser capsule provides a wide, smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 20 kHz. RFI suppression is included. Self-noise is low and sensitivity is very high. A bass-tilt switch allows the user to tailor the low-end response for particular applications. Permanent mounting is enabled by screw holes in the base. Engineering attention-to detail has assured years of reliable use from this trouble-free microphone.
The bottom of the microphone features a three-position BASS-TILT switch: FLAT, CUT, and BOOST. Low-frequency response is adjustable.
- • Type: Phase Coherent Cardioid®.
• Element: Electret condenser.
• Frequency response (typical): 50 Hz to 20,000 Hz at 30 degrees incidence to surface.
• Polar pattern: Half-cardioid (cardioid in the hemisphere above the mounting surface).
• Impedance: 150 ohms nominal (85 ohms actual), balanced, (recommended load impedance 1000 ohms or greater).
• Open circuit sensitivity (typical): 22 mV/Pa* (–33 dB re 1 volt/Pa).
• Power sensitivity: –30.5 dB re 1 mW/Pa*. EIA rating –125 dBm.
• Equivalent noise level (self-noise): 22 dB SPL typical (0 dB = .0002 dyne/cm2), A-weighted.
• S/N rati 72 dB at 94 dB SPL.
• Maximum SPL: 120 dB SPL produces 3% THD.
• Polarity: Positive pressure on the diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3.
• Operating voltage: Phantom power, 12 to 48 volts DC on pins 2 and 3 with respect to pin 1.
• Current drain: 4 mA nominal.
• Connector: Switchcraft TB3M.
• Cable: 15-foot, black, two-conductor shielded cable with Switchcraft TA3F and A3M connectors.
• Switch: Slide switch for bass cut, bass boost, or flat.
• Materials: High-impact molded plastic and steel mesh grille.
• Finish: Satin black.
• Net weight: 3.5 oz. (99 g). Mic and cable: 9.5oz. (269 g).
• Dimensions: See Fig. 5.
• Optional accessories: Crown PH-1A phantom power supply (single channel, battery or AC adapter powered), Crown PH-4B phantom power
supply (4 channels, AC powered).
Things You Will Get: