Tascam DR-70D 4-Channel Audio Recorder for DSLR Cameras
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
The DR-70D is a compact audio recorder that allows the aspiring DSLR user to create audio recordings in very high quality in parallel to their film or video shots.The recorder can be mounted directly between a tripod and the camera or on top of the camera, resulting in a compact package.
With its two built-in microphones, the DR-70D is instantly ready for use in standard situations. In addition, it provides four XLR/TRS combo jacks which can be used to record four channels of audio with excellent sound quality using professional microphones. Thanks to a camera output the recorder’s stereo signal can be recorded also on the camera to ease subsequent editing of the material in combination with the slate tone function of the recorder. On the other hand, you can use the camera input to monitor the audio of the camera using the recorder.
Features of the DR-70D include overload-resistant, great-sounding preamps with switchable low-cut filter and limiter, handling of microphone signals in mid/side format, 24- or 48-volts phantom power for condenser mics, as well as many common and not so common functions that facilitate capturing, monitoring and subsequent processing of the audio tracks.
High Audio Quality via HDDA Microphone Preamps
The A/D converter that converts analog signals to digital is made by Cirrus Logic and is equivalent to those used in Tascams' successful DR series of linear PCM recorders. Recording at resolutions up to 96 kHz/24 bit is supported.
Slate Tone Generator for Easy Alignment with Video Files
The built-in generator can produce slate tones that can be used as references when aligning audio and video. In addition to being able to produce slate tones when recording starts or when it starts and stops, the SLATE button can be used to add slate tones at any desired point.
- Automatic insertion: Choose from inserting a slate tone at the beginning of recording or at both the beginning and end of recording
- Manual insertion: Press the SLATE button to produce a tone.
The designer of the DR-70D focused on making the unit small so that it does not interfere with camera-work when it is attached to a camera support system or stabilizer. The unit has tripod screw threads on the bottom side and a removable camera attachment screw on its top. A hot shoe mount is also included so you can attach the recorder in the way most convenient for you by placing it between a tripod and the camera or on top of the camera with a hot shoe.
- Stand adapter (¼ inch) on bottom side to attach the unit to a tripod
- DSLR bracket for easy camera attachment and removal
- Hot shoe mount (accessible when not using the DSLR bracket)
- Handles on the front left and right sides protect the screen and can be used to attach a shoulder belt
- Compact, professional-grade audio recorder designed to be used in combination with a DSLR camera
- Uses an SD/SDHC/SDXC card as recording medium (up to 128 GB)
- High-quality recording inputs through Tascam original High Definition Discrete Architecture (HDDA) microphone preamps
- NE5532 operational amplifiers for even higher audio performance (also used on DA-3000)
- In addition to ordinary stereo recording, simultaneous recording of up to four channels is possible
- Four channels can be mixed down to a stereo signal
- Recording levels can be adjusted independently for inputs 1–4
- Dual recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- Recording at 44.1/48/96 kHz, 16/24-bit, linear PCM (WAV format)
- Broadcast Wave Format (BWF) supported as WAV recording format
- Two built-in omnidirectional microphones
- Four XLR/TRS combo inputs can provide phantom power (+24V/+48V)
- +24 dBu maximum input level (20 dB headroom)
- Additional unbalanced input for channels 1 and 2 (stereo mini jack) supports mics that require plug-in power, allowing the input of video mics and other high-output mics
- Switchable low-cut filter conveniently reduces low-frequency noise (40 Hz, 80 Hz, 120 Hz)
- Switchable limiter to prevent clipping
Things You Will Get:
- DR-70D 4-Channel Audio Recorder
- Owner's Manual
|Weight||22 oz. (including batteries); 18.7 oz. (excluding batteries)|
|Dimensions||6.6"W x 2.1"H x 4.2"D (with top adapter attached)|
|Media||SD/SDHC/SDXC(up to 128 GB)|
|Other Features||Hot shoe mount (accessible when not using the DSLR bracket)|
|Microphone Type||Built-in Stereo X/Y|
|Low Cut Filter||Yes|
$13.99 to $27.99
$3.99 to $9.99
$17.99$9.95 Save : $8.04 (45%)
Be the first toWrite a ReviewMSRP:
$39.99$26.99 Save : $13.00 (33%)