Empress Effects Vintage Modified Superdelay
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The Vintage Modified Superdelay takes the award winning Superdelay one step further. Besides the already beautiful delays that are available from this awesome pedal, the new modifications will please the ears of all tape delay fans. The Vintage setting now has some added modulation that makes the repeats lush and full with a bit of warble ala David Gilmour. The Old mode has had the high end rolled off a bit with the same modulation and some grit added to produce worn heads and dirty tape on your tape delay. The effect is startling, warm fuzzy repeats with enough modulation to give the impression of tape flutter from an old poorly maintained machine. The new Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay still has all the rest of the features and great sounding delays as the original with a new paint job and a little added appeal to the tape and vintage delay fans.
- Killer Sound Quality - The Signal to Noise ratio is around 105dB.
- 2.8 Seconds of Delay Time - For your extra long delays.
- 8 modes - normal, tap, autoset (delay time is set by tempo played), reverse, rhythm mode (multitap), tape mode, misc (dynamic, gate), and 11 second looper.
- Expression Pedal Input - allows you to control either mix or feedback with your foot.
- High Pass/Low Pass Filter - high pass is good for electronic music, low pass is sweet for darker analog delay type sounds.
- Fast/Slow Modulation - slow adds extra texture, fast is a little crazy.
- 8 Presets - Settings can be saved to 8 presets. With three stompswitches, accessing the presets is easy.
- Tap Tempo with Ratios - many of the modes use tap tempo, and the ratio selection makes fast in-time delay times easy.
- True Bypass - The Empress Superdelay employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 5.7" by 3.75" by 1.75", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- The Empress Superdelay does not run off of batteries. It comes with a power supply. The Empress Superdelay requires 300mA, positive tip, 9 to 12 VDC. You can power the Empress Superdelay from outputs 5 or 6 of the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+. You'll need to use the red or white reverse polarity connector. You must set the corresponding DIP switch away from the NORMAL position. Also, since the Superdelay requires nearly 300mA, you should only use the other output for a much lower current pedal.