Fender American Vintage '64 Telecaster Left-Handed Electric Guitar
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The Fender American Vintage series takes you to 1964... a monumental year for popular music and a pivotal year for the Telecaster.The American Vintage series introduces an all-new lineup of original-era model year guitars that bring Fender history and heritage to authentic and exciting new life. With key features and pivotal design elements spanning the mid-1950s to the mid-1960s, new American Vintage series instruments delve deep into Fender’s roots—expertly preserving an innovative U.S. guitar-making legacy and vividly demonstrating like never before that Fender not only knows where it’s going, but also remembers where it came from.
The American Vintage Series has long presented some of Fender’s best selling guitars (their early-’80s introduction, in fact, was one of the first signs that Fender was “back” as the CBS era ended). Today, Fender has boldly cleared the slate to make way for a fresh American Vintage series with new features, new specs and the most meticulous level of vintage accuracy yet. Rather than just replacing the previous models with different ones, Fender completely and comprehensively re-imagined the entire vintage-reissue concept—restoring original tooling dies, voicing new pickups, reformulating vintage colors and more—based on actual vintage guitars they tracked down to make sure they had it right. Fender did the work, and it shows, because there’s pure tonal magic in each new American Vintage instrument.
1964 was a monumental year for popular music and a pivotal year for the Telecaster, too, as seen in the American Vintage ’64 Telecaster. The thicker maple necks of the ’50s and early ’60s now gave way to a more rounded C-shaped profile, this time topped with a round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays. Other vintage-accurate touches include a lightweight alder body, staggered bridge pickup pole magnets, threaded steel “barrel” bridge saddles, three-ply white pickguard with eight holes, top-hat switch tip, flat-top knurled chrome control knobs and more. Includes an updated deluxe vintage brown hardshell case, vintage '64 Tele strap, cable, and cloth; vintage wiring kit, 60's Tele information kit, bridge cover, owner's manual and saddle height wrench.
- Series: American Vintage
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Fender Flash Coat Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Mid '60s "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Round-Laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage-Style
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style Heel Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Vintage-Style Slotted
- Neck Pickup: American Vintage '64 Gray-Bottom Single-Coil Tele
- Bridge Pickup: American Vintage Single-Coil '64 Grey-Bottom Tele
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Pickup Configuration: S/S
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Bridge: 3-Saddle American Vintage Strings-Through-Body Telecaster® with Threaded Steel Barrel Saddles
- Tuning Machines: Single Line "Fender Deluxe" Vintage Style
- Switch Tips: Top Hat Style
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White with Vintage Bevel
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Case/Gig Bag: Updated Deluxe Vintage Brown
- Included Accessories: Vintage '64 Tele Strap, Cable, and Cloth; Vintage Wiring Kit, 60's Tele Information Kit, Bridge Cover, Owner's Manual, Saddle Height Wrench
- Strings: Fender USA 250R NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Other Features: Slimmer, more rounded maple neck with "C"-shaped profile and round-laminated rosewood fingerboard with larger pearl dot inlays; All-new pickups wound to period-correct specs and sound, with staggered bridge pickup pole magnets; Threaded steel "barrel" bridge saddles; "Top-hat" switch tip and flat-top knurled chrome control knobs
Order your Fender American Vintage '64 Telecaster Left Handed from Sam Ash Direct today with the security of our 45/60 day return/price protection policy, and be sure to take advantage of our fast, free shipping.
Things You Will Get:
- Electric Guitar
- Hardshell Case
- Vintage Wiring Kit
- Bridge Cover