Great River Electronics MP-2NV Two-Channel Microphone Preamp
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
“New classic” performance with exclusive design featuresThe Great River Electronics MP-2NV Two Channel Microphone Preamp achieves “new classic” performance status with two discrete Class-A gain stages (the dual gain-stage meters are a Great River exclusive), a front-panel DI input jack which is routed via FET through the input transformer (also unique to Great River preamps) for must-hear-to-believe sound from all hi-Z instruments, and a discrete high-current Class-A "big iron" transformer-coupled output amplifier. The MP-2NV is a fundamentally important audio tool that brings out the best in every microphone and instrument.
Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced; ¼" -10dbV output for no-latency DAW monitoring; high-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input): TRS ¼” insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the output amplifier.
Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db; 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure; high-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage. The MP-2NV Two Channel Microphone Preamp greatly modernizes and improves classic British design. This single-rack-space pair of preamps offer the same definitive sonic fidelity and expert craftsmanship as all Great River products, with the ability to fine-tune gain effects like 1970's-era 1073's. Transparency and vintage harmonic structure are both achieved with NV-Series preamps.
- Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Great River exclusive)
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200/300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Local power supply regulation on each channel
- 110 or 220V operation with external selection, either 50 or 60Hz
- Single rack space with internal power supply
- "Big Iron" Vintage Sound from custom-wound transformers
- No-latency output monitoring for DAW users
- High-Z input is ideal for bass, guitar, and sound modules (FET-buffered and routed into the input transformer, a Great River exclusive)
- Gain stage monitoring via dual meters (also a Great River exclusive)
- Ultra quiet noise floor for outstanding performance at any gain setting
- Excellent stereo imaging (nearly identical phase response channel-to-channel)
Things You Will Get:
- Microphone Preamp
- Power Cable
|Model||MP-2NV Microphone Preamp|
$59.99$49.99 Save : $10.00 (17%)
$173.13 to $199.00
$22.99 to $73.99
$129.95$39.99 Save : $89.96 (69%)