Heritage Audio '73 Jr Microphone Preamp
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Now you can have a clone of venerable 1073 preamp for your 500 Series collection at a price you never imagined possible!The mic pre you’ve been dreaming about, at a price you never imagined possible. The ’73 Jr is a chip off the old block, raised on Carnhill transformers and hand wired with care, it delivers the same massive tone as the 1073-500, in single 500 series space. Following his successful big brother, the 1073/500, the new ´73JR is a mic preamp with some added features that will cover all the recording needs for engineers and musicians that don´t find the need to track with eq.
Employing only discrete circuitry and conventional components, the ’73 junior is a faithful 3 stage all class A 1073 preamp. Styroflex and tantalum capacitors have been used throughout. No corners were cut.
A useful all discrete class A hi pass filter has been added, essential for recording everything especially for kick and bass. The Line mode allows for reamping of prerecorded tracks and it´s perfect for adding some class A color to lifeless recordings. The smart switched DI (automatically switches from MIC to DI mode when inserting a MONO ¼” jack ) is an all discrete class A JFET circuit ahead of the MIC transformer, so all the juice is there.
Finally, special care has been taken with power handling, implementing internal +24v slow turn on regulation (about 20 sec to reach full voltage). This makes your lunchbox PSU healthier and makes the 73JR independent of the rest of the slots.´
- 80dB Class A Microphone preamplifier, HI-LO selectable minimum input impedance, balanced and floating. High gain positions show a higher impedance, ideal for old ribbon mics.
- 50Db Class A Line preamplifier, bridging input impedance, balanced and floating.
- All discrete Class A Ultra High Impedance J-Fet Direct Input on a high quality Neutrik Jack. The DI circuit is ahead of the Mic Input transformer, so the transformer is ON when in DI mode. DI is automatically switched on when inserting a jack.
- Class A single ended, 2N3055 driven, high headroom output stage.
- PAD: 20dB Mic input attenuation ahead of the input transformer to avoid overloading it.
- HI PASS FILTER: Active all discrete Class A 3rd order Bessel, 80Hz Hi Pass Filter. 18dB/octave slope.
- OUTPUT control to allow overloading of the preamp.
- Internal slow turn-on +24v power supply for lower inrush current, which improves your lunchbox performance.
- Carnhill Input and Output transformers.
- 3 gain stage, genuine modular card construction. All active circuitry is on pluggable cards for easier service.
- Marconi style knobs and vintage style engraved push buttons.
- Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for lo gain ribbon mics. Input is Carnhill transformer balanced and floating.
- Line input impedance: 10K Ohms bridging, Carnhill transformer balanced and floating.
- DI input impedance: Greater than 2 Megohms, unbalanced.
- Maximum output: Greater than +26dBm into 600 ohms.
- THD: Less than 0.025% at 1 Khz, less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
- Frequency response: 20Hz ( +0.3dB ) to 20Khz (-0.2dB)
- Maximum gain: Slightly greater than 80dB
- Noise: Less than -100dBm.
- Power consumption: 88 mA per rail @+-16VDC.
Things You Will Get:
$173.13 to $199.00
$22.99 to $73.99