Alfred Keys to Artistic Performance, Book 3
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
This unique series teaches skills used by professional pianists to make their performances more expressive and dramatic. Students will explore five keys for achieving performance artistry: color, pedaling, rubato/rhythmic freedom, characterization and choreography. In-depth information helps students understand the concepts of balance, voicing, pedal techniques, and how to move at the piano.
- Arietta, Op. 12, No. 1 (Edvard Grieg)
- Arioso for Right Hand Alone (Dennis Alexander)
- Baba-Yaga (The Witch) Op. 39, No. 20 from Album for the Young (Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky)
- Bagatelle, Op. 6, No. 2 (Béla Bartók)
- Bolero, from 11 Children’s Pieces, Op. 35, No. 4 (Alfredo Casella)
- Consolation, Op. 30, No. 3 (Felix Mendelssohn)
- Danse caractéristique, Op. 2, No. 6 (Vladimir Rebikov)
- Élégie Op. 126, No. 7 from Album des Enfants, Bk. 2 (Cécile Chaminade).
- La fuente y la campana (The Fountain and the Bell) from Paisajes (Frederico Mompou)
- Maruntel (Quick Dance), Romanian Dance No. 6 (Béla Bartók)
- May Night, Op. 27, No. 4 (Selim Palmgren)
- Mazurka in B-flat Major, Op. 7, No. 1 (Frédéric Chopin)
- Prelude in B Minor, Op. 28, No. 6 (Frédéric Chopin)
- Scherzo in B-flat Major, D. 593 (Franz Schubert)
- Sonnet for Alexis (Dennis Alexander)
- Spanish Dance, No. 1 from 12 Spanish Dances, Op. 5 (Enrique Granados)
- Spanish Dance, No. 2 from 12 Spanish Dances, Op. 5 (Enrique Granados)
- To the Rising Sun, Op. 4, No. 1 (Trygve Torjussen)
- Toccata Lyrica (Dennis Alexander)
- Waltz, Op. 124, No. 4 (Robert Schumann)
- Warrior’s Song, Op. 45, No. 15 (Stephen Heller).