Lewitt LCT 840 Reference Class Tube Microphone
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Innovative design with high-end technology and classic tube warmth. LEWITT’s LCT 840 is a premium-class externally polarized dual-diaphragm tube microphone designed to excel in a variety of demanding applications.Equipped with a precision-engineered 1-inch capsule, the LCT 840 stands for exceptionally warm and classic, solid vintage sound. Perfectly suited for miking vocals and instruments, this rugged multi-purpose microphone allows for highly nuanced and authentic sound reproduction in the studio and even on stage. Five switchable polar patterns – omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide-cardioid and super-cardioid – make the LCT 840 a highly versatile tool for professional audio engineers and performers looking for true and authentic tube sound.
Like all LEWITT mics, the LCT 840 stands out for its extremely low self-noise of 9 dB and effective rejection of off-axis sounds. The microphone features three levels of attenuation and three switchable high-pass filters, LEDs and pushbuttons for noiseless handling on the power supply unit (PSU).
Apart from user-friendly operating controls and advanced technological features so essential to memorable recordings, the LCT 840 also makes an eye-catching design statement: The microphone is equipped with a plexiglass inspection window on the front side of the body, so the illuminated tube itself is fully exposed. The inside window surface is coated with a highly conductive, yet transparent film preventing electromagnetic interference.
- Ultra-thin 1-inch externally biased, gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Five consistent directional characteristics – cardioid, omnidirectional, figure-8, broad cardioid and supercardioid – offer maximum flexibility
- Superior dynamic range of 130 dB-A (Tube) and extremely low self-noise of 9 dB-A for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 3-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
- Noiseless pushbuttons for quick and easy attenuation and HPF selection
- Unique features like clipping history and automatic attenuation provide error-free studio recording and unparalleled ease of use
- Solid die-cast metal body with a stylish, oversized tube inspection window specially coated for maximum protection against electromagnetic interference
- Custom PSU 840 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and brushed, anodized black aluminum front
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a black case; includes PSU 840 power supply unit, LCT 40 SHxx shock mount, LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors and LCT 40 Wxx windscreen
- Lead and background vocals
- Acoustic instruments // piano, guitar, drums, percussion, strings...
- Wind instruments // brass and woodwinds...
- Demanding studio applications
Things You Will Get:
PSU 840 power supply unit
LCT 40 SHxx shock mount
LCT 40 Tr audio cable with gold-plated 11-pin XLR connectors
LCT 40 Wxx windscreen
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Lewitt Lct 840 Reference Class Tube Microphone:
I'm songwriter/vocal producer Mischke. I have to be honest the Lewitt LCT 840 I've been using is not my mic. The mic is owned by my friend and producer Neff-U. I can't tell you how much I love this mic. I first used it on Verve recording artist Charles Perry. I'd been told that they'd used it on his record during the early sessions. I was hired to re-record and vocal produce the record. I'm not the type to just trust others opinions on mics so I planned to test 3 mics and pick the best. The Lewitt 840 was the 1st mic. It sounded so amazing I told them to take the other 2 mics down. Charles is one of the most dynamic singers I've ever worked with. If it can handle his power and capture the beauty of the air in his falsetto, it's perfect for anyone. It's like having the body of a Neumann 47 and the top end of a 251 Elam, all in one package. This mic is also like stepping into the future. The technology in this mic is really second to none. If you need a mic that's a workhorse from the future with the sound of yesterday, this is the mic for you. I'll be finished Neff-U's record next week so it's gonna go home soon but I'm in love with this mic.
- Was this a gift?:
|Dimensions||7.5" x 2.4" x 1.8" (L x W x D)|
|Weight||Mic 23.3oz, PSU 66.8oz|
|Output Impedence||200 ohms|
|Dynamic Range (SPL)||130dB|
|Low Cut Filter||Yes|
$14.99 to $59.99
$89.99$29.99 Save : $60.00 (67%)
You May Also Be Interested In
$2,399.00$1,699.00 Save : $700.00 (29%)
$999.99$699.00 Save : $300.99 (30%)
$1,099.00Was: $799.00Now: $699.00 Save : $400.00 (36%)