Millennia Media NSEQ2 Stereo Parametric Equalizer
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The NSEQ-2 (tm) is a two channel, four band parametric equalizer offering fully Class-A operation via discrete J-FET transistors or all triode vacuum tubes selectable with the touch of a button. The NSEQ-2 stereo parametric equalizer with Twin Topology ® - Millennia's innovative new merging of vacuum tube and transistor circuit topologies. A front panel switch selects between a complete vacuum tube parametric equalizer or a fully discrete solid-state parametric equalizer. Both circuit topologies are entirely transformerless, high voltage, 100% Class-A biased, and minimalist in design.
What is "minimalist?" The NSEQ-2 has only one active stage in the audio signal path. Compare this with common textbook parametric EQ designs employing anywhere from three to seven active amplifiers in the signal path. Fewer amplifier stages means greater sonic integrity and heightened musical realism. This single amplifier is optimized as input buffer, EQ amplifier, and output driver. Imagine the musical clarity achieved as precious audio signals are spared from successively colored amplifier stages. It's something you must hear to appreciate. Seasoned audio recording engineers are calling NSEQ the most musically accurate analog EQ available at any price.
Why transformerless? Most of today's high voltage pro tube gear uses audio transformers. Yet, transformers add coloration to audio signals; coloration which may be great for "effect," but which is not conducive to sonic purity. Via innovative design techniques, Millennia avoids audio transformers entirely. Now, the musicality of Class-A vacuum tube equalization can be realized without the unavoidable sonic artifacts common to signal path transformers.
The solid-state aspect of Twin Topology consists of discrete field effect transistor amplifiers. Millennia also provides these J-FET amplifiers as the next generation of 990 (Jensen tm) and 2520 (API tm) plug-in compatible modules. Twin Topology circuitry employs 300 volt, hand selected triode vacuum tubes. To use the vacuum tube EQ, simply press a front panel switch. To use the solid-state EQ, press the switch again. Twin Topology! Both topologies are designed to deliver a musical optimization of their inherent character.
Twin Topology products also sport new cosmetics. The NSEQ-2 offers unique illuminated push-button switches, hand-machined aluminum knobs, extruded and radiused 3/8" thick face plate which can be optionally processed in an artistic platinum-crackle finish looking something like an aged spruce guitar top. There's even a stylish new "TT" logo deeply engraved into every panel. A standard high gloss black cosmetic finish is also available.
The NSEQ-2 offers exquisitely designed high voltage Class A amplifiers free of transformer coupling, carefully optimized around the finest grades of passive components (Vishay pots, mil-spec gold switches, Wima and Electrocube capacitors, Neglex OFC audio cabling, silver Teflon power wiring, etc..). One listening test with the NSEQ-2 will immediately confirm that Millennia has once again set precedence in musical reality and sonic transparency.
- • Two paths to perfection with Twin Topology™ • Fully parametric stereo EQ with unprecedented sonic purity & integrity • All triode 300 V vacuum tube signal path or all discrete J-FET solid state signal path • Both topologies are entirely transformerless, high voltage, pure Class A • Minimalist design: only one active stage in the audio path • Four EQ bands: 20 Hz to 20 kHz center frequency, 0.4 to 4.0 Q • Extremely low noise: -106 dBu • Constructed for demanding professional applications • Ultra-Premium components throughout • Gold relays, connectors, switches, tube sockets • Silver Teflon power wiring • Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- • “Q” Range Q = 0.4 to 4.0 Adjustable on middle ranges Q = 1.0 Fixed on low & high ranges
• Maximum Output Level > + 28 dBu (VT)
• Maximum Input Level (EQ Flat): + 28 dBu (VT)
• Maximum Input Level (EQ Full Boost) + 17 dBu (VT)
• Frequency Response: +0 / -3 dB sub 2 Hz to beyond 300 kHz
• Frequency Response, Stereo Deviation < .15 dB
• Noise (All EQ Stages In, Controls Flat) -106 dBu (SS), -94 dBu (VT)
• Maximum Boost (21 Step Detented) +20 dB (+10 dB with range switch in)
• Maximum Cut (21 Step Detented) -20 dB (-10 dB with range switch in)
• EQ Frequencies
Low Range Switch (Centers - Peak/Shelf Selectable): 20, 34, 56, 100, 180, 270
Low Mid Sweep: 20 Hz - 220 Hz or 200 Hz - 2.2 kHz.
10X Range switch selectable.
Hi Mid Sweep: 250 Hz - 2.5 kHz or 2.5 kHz - 25 kHz.
10X Range switch selectable.
• High Range Switch (Centers - Peak/Shelf Selectable) 4.8 k, 5.8 k, 8.0 k, 10 k, 16 k, 21 k
• THD + Noise 20 Hz - 30 kHz, All EQ Bands Switched In < .009%, typ < .003 % (VT or SS)
• Common Mode Rejection Ratio (With Balanced Option) 10 Hz - 20 KHz, 100 mV C.M. > 60 dB, Typ > 80 dB
• Slew Rate, +27 dBu Out > 50 volts per microsecond
• Main Hard-wire Bypass Switch For Each Channel? Yes
• Peak/Shelf Selection On High & Low Range? Yes
• Hard-wire Bypass Switching On Individual EQ Bands? Yes
• Input Impedance 25 kilohms
• Minimum Output Load Impedance 1 kilohm (VT), 150 ohms (SS)
• Recommended Load > 3 kilohms (VT)
• Output Impedance < 300 ohms (VT), < 5 ohms (SS)
• Twin Topology EQ Amplifiers: Switch In: Pure Class-A Discrete J-FETs Switch Out: Pure Class-A Triode Tubes
• Power Consumption 40 watts maximum
• Power Requirements Selectable: 100-120, 200-240 V ac, 50/60 Hz
• Dimensions/Shipping Weight 19” W x 3.5” H x 12.5”, 26 lbs
Things You Will Get:
- Power Cable
|Other Features||4 Bands|