Millennia Media TD1 Twin Direct Microphone and Instrument Preamp
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
TWIN DIRECT is a compact yet sophisticated analog recording front-end for electric guitars and basses, acoustic instrument transducers, keyboards, DAWs, and all MIDI systems. Add Millennia's acclaimed HV-3 microphone preamplifier and TD-1 becomes an uncompromised front-end for virtually any audio recording application. Some have called TD-1 a Mini-Origin!
Audio engineers no longer need to chose between tube front-end or solid state front-end. TWIN DIRECT's instrument input employs Twin Topology - Millennia's innovative merging of vacuum tube and solid state circuit topologies. TWIN DIRECT offers a high voltage 100% vacuum tube instrument amplifier -or- transparent 100% discrete F.E.T. solid state instrument amplifier in the same indestructible military-grade chassis. Both topologies can be switch selected and musically tuned via three selectable input impedances (470K / 2M / 10M). Up to 65 dB of adjustable microphone and instrument gain is available via front-panel control.
A simultaneous pair of patented REAMP outputs allow TD-1 to emulate both Les Paul and Strat pickups (Les Paul himself plays through a Millennia Origin). REAMP causes the guitar amplifier to think it's connected to a high impedance passive guitar pickup, instead of a very low impedance (and much too clean) active tape recorder or digital workstation output. Millennia's uncompromised DIT-01 mic-level DI output transformer (Frequency Response -3 dB @ 3 Hz & 300 kHz) is also included.
Recording directly from any guitar amplifier is now possible with Millennia's Speaker Soak™ technology. Simply connect any speaker output and start recording the authentic character of your guitar amplifier as it actually sounds at the speakers. An audiophile-grade headphone output with separate level control is also provided for pre-auditioning.
A fully sweepable NSEQ-style parametric equalizer (20 Hz - 25 kHz) provides an unlimited range of adjustable tonality. NSEQ is the same equalizer used by top mastering facilities around the globe. Ultra-transparent NSEQ bands are provided for high-resolution audio sculpting of instruments such as guitars, bass, and keyboards, or artistic and corrective work - adding "air" and "punch," removing "mud," and so forth - all with the smooth and artifact-free audio qualities that NSEQ is well known for.
- • Four distinct inputs can be optimized for any source • Instruments – Twin Topology® DI channel; dual-triode 12AT7 vacuum tube or discrete FET solid state • Microphones – discrete solid state HV-3 microphone preamplifier • DAW or tape outputs – Discrete solid state line level amplifier • Guitar power amp outputs – Speaker Soak™ technology • Powerful yet musical tonal shading • Two bands of mastering-grade NSEQ-2 parametric Eq; 20 Hz to 20 kHz center frequency, 0.4 to 4.0 Q • Optimized DI input for any instrument with variable 470 k / 2 M / 10 M impedance • Nine outputs for unlimited functionality • Patented Re-Amp outputs with custom-designed magnetics emulate Les Paul® and Strat® pickups • Audiophile headphone output • Balanced and unbalanced monolithic outputs • Balanced and unbalanced discrete FET outputs • Microphone level output with large-geometry DIT-01 transformer: -3 dB 3 Hz – 300 kHz • Effortlessly musical performance at all dynamic levels • Input headroom >100 V, output headroom > 30 V • 100% effective hum removal with numerous ground lifts & isolations • Built for critical professional applications • Ultra-clean toroid power supply: internal sub-chassis • Gold connectors, OFC audio wiring, silver Teflon power wiring
- • Instrument / DI Input Amplifier
• Twin Topology® TUBE: Selected twin triode vacuum tube amplifier (200 V) SOLID STATE: Selected all discrete J-FET amplifier (50 V)
• THD + Noise 20 Hz - 30 kHz (35 dB Gain): 0.0005% typical mic / line, 0.03% typical vacuum tube
• Intermodulation Distortion 0.0009% typical mic / line, 0.03% typical vacuum tube
• Frequency Response @ -3 dB points: 3 Hz to 300 kHz, typical. Varies with routing & topology
• Maximum Balanced Line Input Level +23 dBu (+43 dBu with Pad engaged or >110 Volts rms)
• Maximum DI Input Level (Both Tube & SS) +18 dBu (+26 dBu with Pad engaged or >15 Volts rms)
• Maximum Output Level: +32 dBu active balanced outputs, +26 dBu unbal outputs
• Maximum System Gain 45 dB standard (65 dB with optional HV-3 mic preamp)
• Input Impedance (DI) Switchable: 470 kilohms / 2 megohms / 10 megohms
• Noise (Mic) (60 dB gain) -128 dB EIN, 150 ohm source, -130 dB EIN common
• Noise (Line) (10 dB gain) -105 dBu
• Noise (DI) (10 dB gain) -90 dBu (solid state)
• Phase Error (EQ out) Less than +/- 5 degrees 50 Hz to 20 kHz
• Parametric Equalizer
• Maximum Boost and Cut +/– 15 dB (21 step detent
• “Q” Range Q+ 0.4 to 4.0 sweepable
• Low Freq sweep Switch In: Pure Class-A Discrete J-FETs
• Hi Freq sweep Switch Out: Pure Class-A Triode Tubes
• Power Consumption 35 watts maximum
• Power Requirements Selectable: 100-120, 200-240 V ac, 50/60 Hz
• Dimensions/Shipping Weight 8.5” W x 3.5” H x 13.0” D, 20 lbs
Things You Will Get:
- Microphone Preamp
- Power Cable
|Model||TD1 Twin Direct Record Channel Microphone Preamp|
$129.95$39.99 Save : $89.96 (69%)
$173.13 to $199.00
$59.99$49.99 Save : $10.00 (17%)
$22.99 to $73.99