MXL R144 Ribbon Microphone
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Recreate the golden age of recording with the MXL R144 Ribbon Microphone!The R144 has a warm, vintage sound characteristic of classic ribbon mics and is an excellent choice for vocal and instrument recordings and performs well for broadcast applications, too. The 1.8 micron ribbon gives the R144 a mellow sound that perfectly suits strings, acoustic instruments, and old-fashioned crooners.
Incorporating a Figure-8 polar pattern that let you choose to pick up sound from two sides and reject sound from two sides (which is a great way to selectively record room sound or particular instruments), the MXL R144 offers breathtaking sound for vocal and instrument recordings.
The R144 also performs brilliantly on acoustic instruments, strings, and horns and offers high SPL capability, outstanding side rejection and precise directivity.
- Perfect for a musician who needs a workhorse ribbon mic
- Mellow sound with a rich midrange and rolled-off top end
- Figure 8 polar pattern for outstanding side rejection and precise directivity
- High SPL capability—ideal for horns and electric guitars
- Delivers unbelievably natural sound and stunning realism to vocal and instrument recordings
- Distinctive body design with purple and chrome metal finish
- Compact design that makes mic placement easy
- Includes R144 ribbon microphone, shockmount, carrying case, cleaning cloth, manual & application guide
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Great value
Comments about Mxl R144 Ribbon Microphone:
I ended up buying this mic as I saw Brian wampler of wampler pedals using mxl ribbon mics in his videos and they had a great sound. I had had doubts about the quality of these but decided to check one out and I couldn't be happier. The mic has a great natural sound to it and really seems to capture the sound of my amp very well. I'm blending with an sm57 with great results. I really haven't found any negatives about it at this point and I would highly recommend it.
- I Am A:
- Family Young Kids