Novation MiniNova 37-Key Synthesizer
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
MiniNova users are free to enjoy several supplemental Soundpacks, which are easily downloadable from Novation's website. In addition, MiniNova is bundled with 30 Giorgio Moroder-inspired patches, also free and downloadable upon product registration.MiniNova is a compact, super-cool studio and live synth with the same sound engine as its big brother; UltraNova. It comes with 256 incredible onboard sounds that you can tweak with five knobs, or totally warp with eight 'animate' buttons. It has up to 18 voices with as many as five synth effects on each sound. MiniNova also has an onboard VocalTune™ effect as well as a classic vocoder so you can recreate iconic vocal sounds from hip hop, urban and electronic music.
Small synth, big sounds
Don't let its size fool you. MiniNova is the latest in the 'nova' range of synths dating back to the legendary Supernova series. It has the same incredibly powerful sound engine and synth effects as the Novation UltraNova which means it is capable of creating dirty-fat bass synth sounds, soaring leads, lush pads and vintage synth sounds. All this in a 37 mini-key form with a USB port and MIDI i/o so you can hook it up to your laptop and control your music software or connect it to another keyboard or sound module.
Classic & brand-new vocal effects
MiniNova takes vocal effects one-step further. As well as a vocoder, it has VocalTune. This means you can talk into the mic and play the tune you want your voice to follow on the keyboard recreating those classic hip hop / urban vocal effects. You can also run your voice through MiniNova's effects engine, adding reverb, distortion, chorus/phase, gator compression or EQ. This doesn't need to be limited to your voice; there is an input into which you can plug a guitar or any other instrument and give it the same treatment; effects or vocoder.
Choose your sound — and get more for free
MiniNova has 256 onboard sounds and space to save another 128 of your own sounds. You can quickly search for sounds by selecting the style of music you're making, or the type of sound you're after whether it's bass synth, lead - hip hop or techno. MiniNova comes with a free software Patch Librarian so you can store as many sounds as you want on your computer. If 256 is not enough, there are numerous sound-packs for MiniNova assembled by renowned artists and sound designers. These include plenty of vintage synth sounds for every musical taste!
Editing software included
Editing sounds in such a powerful synth can be overwhelming, so we've created a software application that gives you visual access to the synth engine. The MiniNova Editor works as a plug-in within your DAW or music software. You can fully edit MiniNova using the hardware; the software just makes it easier to see what you are doing. Also includes Patch Librarian, Ableton Live Lite, Novation Bass Station and Loopmasters sample pack of crazy cool loops!
The Synth Engine and effects
MiniNova has an enormously powerful sound engine and synth effects, unheard of in a micro synth. There are 14 conventional waveforms to choose from (square, sine, sawtooth, pulse, triangle and combinations), 36 wavetables and 20 digital waveforms. Each of the 3 oscillators (per voice) have density/detune for fattening up sounds, virtual sync and 'hardness' - which acts as an additional lowpass filter. There are 14 filter types (and you can run 2 simultaneously), 6 envelope generators, 3 LFOs and 20 modulation slots where you can link modules of the synth engine together to shape sound. MiniNova can add up to 5 effects to each sound including distortion, reverb, chorus/phase, delay, compressor, EQ and Novation's unique "Gator" effect.
Instant editing and performance control
The 'Perform' section enables you to access the synth and effects engines by switching between 6 positions to assign 4 knobs, giving you instant access to 24 sound-bending parameters.
Up to 18 note polyphony (dynamic voicing)
- 3x oscillators
- 1x noise generator
- 2x ring modulators
- Waveforms include:
- Square, sine, tri, sawtooth, pulse, 9x saw:pulse combinations.
- 20x digital waveforms
- 36x wavetables
- 2x filters per patch
- low pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- low pass 12dB
- low pass 18dB
- low pass 24dB
- band pass 6:6
- band pass 6:12
- band pass 12:6
- band pass 6:18
- band pass 18:6
- band pass 12:12
- high pass no resonance 6dB per octave
- high pass 12dB
- high pass 18dB
- high pass 24dB
- 20 modulation slots per patch
- 6x envelope generators
- 3x LFOs
- Key scaling/track
- Mod wheel
- Expression pedal
- Oscillator pitch, pulse width, wavetable index, level and sync
- Filter cutoff, resonance, envelope settings
- Effects parameters and send levels
- Recursive modulation (modulating modulation sources themselves)
- Distortion – up to 2 instances
- Compressor – up to 2 instances
- Chorus/Phase – up to 4 instances
- Delay – up to 2 instances
- Reverb – up to 2 instances
- 12 band vocoder
- Arpeggiator – 33 patterns
- Realtime Arp rhythm editing function
- Chord function – lock up to 10 notes
- Patch storage - up to 384 on hardware (ships with 256 factory patches)
Utility, display and patch select controls
- 16 character custom LCD
- 1x large detented patch select encoder
- 1x patch sort switch
- 1x volume dial
- 1x detented data encoder
- 5x navigation/utility buttons
- 2x patch navigation buttons
- Pitch wheel (LED lit)
- Modulation wheel (LED lit)
- 37 note keyboard with velocity
- 4x smooth edit/performance pots
- 1x large smooth filter pot
- 1x six position parameter selector switch
- 6x parameter indicator LEDs
- 8x three-colour, back-lit animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch-select buttons
- 2x animate/arpeggiate LED indicators
- 1x back-lit 'hold' button
- 1x animate/arpeggiator/favourite patch toggle switch
- 1x 'favourite' patch select button
- 1x arpeggiator tempo control pot
- 1x arpeggiator tempo indicator LED
- 2x back-lit arpeggiator control encoders
- 2x back-lit octave select buttons
- XLR dynamic mic input
- 1x ¼” jack inputs
- 2x ¼” jack outputs
- 1x ¼” jack headphone output
- Sustain pedal on ¼” jack input
- MIDI in/out
- 12 volt power input
- USB/DC/off power switch
- USB port (MiniNova can be powered via USB)
- Kensington Lock port
- Length: 560mm
- Height: 75mm
- Depth: 250mm
- Length: 22.04"
- Height: 2.95"
- Depth: 9.84"
Things You Will Get:
MiniNova Software Editor
MiniNova Patch Librarian
Ableton Live Lite
Novation Bass Station Softsynth
Loopmaster sample pack (1GB)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to Use
- Pre-programmed music
- Realistic Sound
- Responsive / Good Action
- Touch Sensitive Keys
- Vocoder Amazing
- Vst Plug In Editor
- Electronic Music
Comments about Novation Mininova 37-Key Synthesizer:
easy to use.
compatible mac & pc.
$499.00$299.00 Save : $200.00 (40%)Just $13 per month!
0% Interest/24 Months!Click here for details
$19.99 to $31.99