Dave Smith Instruments Pro 2 Monophonic Synthesizer
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Dave Smith's unprecedented Pro 2 Mono Synth has the ergonomics and playability of the Prophet 12, but with an new dual-analog filter architecture, a monster step sequencer, superwaves, digital bucket-brigade delay, 4-voice paraphonic playback & more.The Pro 2 merges classic analog synthesizer design with cutting-edge digital technology. It boasts four high-resolution digital oscillators (plus a sub oscillator) with both classic and complex wave shapes and is both FM and AM capable. Character controls add high and low frequency boost, bit and sample rate reduction, and tape saturation emulation.
The Pro 2's gutsy sound comes from its all-new dual filter design. Filter 1 is a 4-pole low-pass design inspired by the original Prophet-5 filter. Filter 2 is a state-variable design inspired by the Oberheim SEM and can be continuously varied between low-pass, notch, and high-pass operation, with an optional band-pass mode. The two filters function in either serial or parallel, or anywhere in between. Two of the four oscillators can be routed through Filter 1 with the other two routed through Filter 2 for broad tonal possibilities.
The Pro 2’s powerful sequencer features up to 32 steps and 16 tracks, real-time input, rests, and variable-length sequences. It also syncs to MIDI clock and external audio input. Sequence tracks can control any modulation matrix parameter.
The Pro 2 can process external audio and also interface with modular synths through 4 control voltage inputs and outputs and a dedicated gate output. Control voltages can be routed from within the modulation matrix and can run at audio rates. LFOs, envelopes, and sequencer tracks and more can all be sent to the CV outputs.
The Pro 2's delay section provides three digital delays with pan, and high-pass and low-pass filtering controls. A fourth delay is a digital bucket-brigade delay (BBD) for analog-style effects. There are five loopable five-stage envelope generators, four syncable LFOs, an arpeggiator, and a sixteen slot modulation matrix.
The Pro 2 also provides true, four-voice paraphonic playback allowing you to control each of its four oscillators individually with their own envelope.
Package this power in a three-and-a-half octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch, add backlit pitch and mod wheels and two location and pressure sensitive touch sliders, and you've got one of the most awe-inspiring synthesizers ever.
- Dave Smith's most powerful mono synth ever!
- Monophonic and 4-voice paraphonic playback
- 4 oscillators plus sub-oscillator
- Dual filters (low-pass + state variable)
- Advanced sequencer with up to 32-steps and 16 tracks.
- 4 control voltage ins & outs plus dedicated Gate Out
- 4 delays (one with BBD emulation)
- 4 LFOs and 5 loopable envelopes
- Character effects, plus distortion and tuned feedback
Things You Will Get:
|Audio Input Types||1 external audio input (1/4" phone jack)|
|Sound Engine Type||Analog|
|Number of Keys||44|
|Type of Action||Synth|
• More than 50 knobs and 65 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with minimal menu diving.
• Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low-light situations and have a smooth yet precise feel and response.
• Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range
• Two assignable position- and pressure-sensitive latchable touch sliders for enhanced interactivity and control
•Full-sized, three-and-a-half-octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
• Four DSP-based oscillators plus one sine wave sub oscillator
• Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
• Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
• 13 Superwaves
• Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
|Number of Presets||396 user and 396 factory programs|
|Number of Effects||
Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
• Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
• Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely trash the signal. It's harsh yet musical.
• Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
|Audio Output Types||
• Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
• Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
|CV Jacks (Control Voltage)||Yes|
• 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru/Out 2 port
• USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
|Dimensions||29.2 x 12.8 x 4.15 inches (LxWxH)|
$13.99 to $27.99
$79.99$49.99 Save : $30.00 (38%)
Be the first toWrite a ReviewMSRP:
$105.00$59.99 Save : $45.01 (43%)
$69.95$49.95 Save : $20.00 (29%)
$44.99$27.99 Save : $17.00 (38%)
$19.95$14.00 Save : $5.95 (30%)
$81.95$49.99 Save : $31.96 (39%)