Alfred Professional Piano Teaching, Volume 1 (2nd Edition) -Textbook - Piano
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Professional Piano Teaching offers a practical guide to the art of piano teaching. Volume 1, now available as an updated second edition, is an excellent introduction to the profession of teaching piano. This revised second edition has been expanded to include chapters on teaching adult students and teaching popular, sacred, and other familiar music. Designed to serve as a basic text for a first-semester or lower-division piano pedagogy course, it provides an overview of learning principles and a thorough approach to essential aspects of teaching elementary-level students. Special features include discussions on how to teach, not just what to teach; numerous musical examples; chapter summaries; and suggested projects for new and experienced teachers.
- The Art of Professional Piano Teaching
- Principles of Learning
- Beginning Methods
- Teaching Beginners and Elementary Students
- Teaching Rhythm and Reading
- Teaching Technique and Musical Sound Development
- Elementary Performance and Study Repertoire
- Developing Musicality in Elementary Students
- Group Teaching
- Teaching Preschoolers
- Teaching Adults
- Teaching Popular, Sacred, and Other Familiar Music
- The Business of Piano Teaching
- Evaluation of Teaching. 428 pages. Index.