Rocktron Prophesy II Rackmount Digital Guitar Preamp
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Grab on to the world's foremost guitar preamp! The Rocktron Prophesy 2, now with presets from Dave Mustaine, Gary Hoey, Rusty Cooley, Jimi Bell and others!Nothing compares to this outstanding DSP processor that provides the ultimate control over your tone and effects. Guitar Player Magazine wrote that the Rocktron Prophesy "provides unprecedented depth and flexibility. From a pure processing standpoint, the Prophesy is a tremendously powerful tone-shaping tool."
The Rocktron Prophesy II takes the Top 4 guitar sounds used in today’s music - Clean American, Texas Blues, Vintage British and Mega Drive; and combines them with the best sounding effects available - Ducker Delay, Reverb, Tremolo, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Compressor, Wah Wah, Pitch Shifter and Rotary Speaker Simulator.
The preamp section also features a parametric Pre EQ, which allows you to "pre-shape" your tone to simulate the characteristics of several different guitars (such as fine-tuning your Strat to sound more like a Les Paul, Etc) as well as an additional parametric Post EQ to add extra Lows, High, or scoop out the Mids. And if that’s not enough, Rocktron also included a Global Parametric EQ which adjust the overall output of the Prophesy on all presets.
The preamp section of the Rocktron Prophesy II features four channels each with their own distinct "voicings" to provide a vast array of desired tube amp sounds. Each voicing may be thought of as a "channel" and each channel has it’s own basic gain and master controls with bass, mid, treble and presence controls, all easily accessible with "real amp" knobs on the front panel, just like a regular amp head.
- Channel 1 or Clean American, replicates some of the most sought-after clean vintage tweed amps of the late 50’s and 60’s.
- Channel 2 or "Texas Blues", is a vintage tweed with a bit more "kick" and "bite" often heard from the famous southwest bluesers ala "Billy Gibbons, Stevie Ray, Eric Johnson, Etc.".
- Channel 3 or "Vintage British", is a traditional "Plexi Style" tone offering some of the most dynamic rhythm tone available.
- Channel 4 or "Mega Drive" is considered the Holy Grail of almighty heavy tone of modern music pumping out everything from early Van Halen to Megadeth and everything in between.
The effects section of the Prophesy is divided up into two sections, Pre distortion (or pre-preamp), and post distortion (or post preamp) for unlimited configurations of effects. The pre-effects section features Wah, Compressor, HUSH(r), Pre-EQ, as well as one assignable effect of your choice.
If the effects in the Prophesy are not enough, Rocktron included a true stereo effect loop which may be assigned anywhere in the effect chain just like an internal effect. Want just an incredibly powerful effect processor? Just bypass the preamp section completely and use the Prophesy a stand-alone effect unit.
The ADSR (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release) function features Rocktron’s Pluck Detection patent-pending, and allows you to configure any of the Prophesy parameters to be controlled dynamically by each pluck of a guitar string. More about the ADSR as Guitar Player Magazine says: "it’s an incredibly musical application that is very different from the usual expression-pedal tricks. You could do some groundbreaking stuff with this killer function!"
Other features include a visual representation of the assigned effects signal chain, preset title, the voicing (channel) being used, are all conveniently displayed on the first preset page. The buttons in the 16 button matrix show the effect status (in or out) as well as allow you to instantly jump to those effects’ parameter pages for instant adjustment.
Of course, the Prophesy maintains the high quality operational features that Rocktron processors are well known for, such as glitch-free preset switching with no signal drop out or lag time and the most natural sounding effects.
- Dynamic Tube Replication Technology (DTR)
- User Definable Effect Configurations
- User Assignable Stereo Effect Loop
- Tap Tempo Delay and Tremolo
- Built-in Chromatic Tuner
- Stereo XLR Outputs
- Real Amp Knobs for On-The-Fly Tone, Volume and Preset Adjustments
- "Pluck Detector" (patent-pending) and ADSR for Dynamic Effect Control
- Pre and Post Distortion and Global EQ
- Pre Distortion Effects and Post Distortion Effects
- Programmable Speaker Simulator w/ Parameters for Speaker Size, MIC Position, Reactance
You May Also Be Interested In
Be the first toWrite a ReviewMSRP:
$399.00$279.00 Save : $120.00 (30%)