Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Synth Module
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Despite its small size, the Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Module has the same power and sound as the keyboard version. You can get it at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash with fast, free delivery.With a sleek design, sophisticated architecture, and an exceptionally large twelve voice polyphony, the Prophet 12 can handle any project in any setting. Each of its twelve voices is incorporates DSI’s brand new hybrid digital/analog architecture that sounds different than any of their other synthesizer lines, while still giving you that true Prophet vibe.
The Prophet 12 is a twelve-voice, polyphonic synthesizer. It is also a hybrid synthesizer, combining digital and analog audio electronics to generate its programs. The Prophet 12 contains 792 programs organized into eight banks of 99. Half the programs are in four Factory banks and the rest are in four User banks. When a Prophet 12 leaves the factory, the User banks are an exact copy of the Factory banks, but all programs in edited with the front panel controls can be saved to the User banks.
Building Blocks of Each Prophet 12 Voice:
- Five high resolution digital oscillators
- High-pass filter
- Resonant Curtis low-pass filter
- Digital character effects section
- Tune-able feedback circuit
- Four syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset
- Four loopable five-stage envelope generators
- Four-tap delay line with feedback per line
- Sophisticated arpeggiator
- Sixteen slot modulation matrix
Choosing programs is simple on the Prophet 12 and it includes some programs that are split (two different sounds played from different zones of the keyboard) and some that are stacked (one sound layered on another). The Prophet 12 is also bi-timbral, playing two different sounds simultaneously and each of those sounds can be routed to its own stereo outputs, if desired. Each of the Prophet 12’s program memory locations is capable of saving and recalling two different programmed Dave Smith Instruments sounds, one in layer A and one in layer B. Layers are used to facilitate split and stacked programs.
Display and “Soft” Controls
The voice activity LEDs indicate how the voices are being used, which also provides a shortcut to switch quickly between two sounds without actually changing programs. The Prophet 12’s more performance-oriented parameters are all accessible via dedicated knobs and switches on the front panel, but there are even more parameters available via the OLED display. With fifteen knobs and switches in the Oscillator section, editing any of those controls reveals those parameters and their exact values— as well as four additional oscillator parameters—in the display. Those parameters are selected and tweaked using the four soft knobs and soft keys located above and below the display. The soft knobs are detented encoders and are great for dialing in specific values.
The Prophet 12 Module has a rugged steel enclosure and is equally at home on your desk, in your rack or on stage! An extensive MIDI implementation covers every available parameter on the synth and you can easily pair it with your favorite MIDI controller or DAW.
Things You Will Get:
External Power Supply
•5 DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
• 4 classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
• 12 selectable complex shapes per oscillator
• 3 noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
• Analog VCAs
• Shape modulation
• Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
• Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
• 5 high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
• Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement.
• Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms
• Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
• Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
• 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
• Tuned feedback
• Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
• Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
• Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
• All envelopes can repeat/loop
• Four syncable LFO's with phase offset and slew per LFO
• 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
• Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
• Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
• 12 knobs and 34 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
• Crisp OLED display is easily visible in low light situations and from many angles.
|Synthesizer Format||Table Top|
|Sound Engine Type||Analog-Digital Hybrid|
|Number of Presets||792|
|Number of Effects||5|
|Audio Output Types||Main Stereo Out TRS x 2, Layer B Stereo Out TRS x 2, Headphone Out TRS x 1|
|Dimensions||16.5 x 6.8 x 2.85 inches (LxWxH)|
|Model||Prophet 12 Module|
$13.99 to $27.99
$79.99$49.99 Save : $30.00 (38%)
$105.00$59.99 Save : $45.01 (43%)
$69.95$49.95 Save : $20.00 (29%)
$44.99$27.99 Save : $17.00 (38%)
$19.95$14.00 Save : $5.95 (30%)
$81.95$49.99 Save : $31.96 (39%)