Sterling by Music Man Ray35Q Quilt 5-String Electric Bass Guitar
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
A premium take on a classic bass at an exceptional value: the Sterling by Music Man Ray35Q Quilt 5-String Electric Bass Guitar.The Sterling by Music Man Ray35Q Quilt holds true to the legendary original StingRay 5 with its comfortably contoured, instantly recognizable double-cutaway body. Paying homage to the premium Ball Family Reserve EBMM StingRay model, the body is crafted from African mahogany and paired with striking quilt maple for superb tone and gorgeous aesthetics. The Antique Maple finish really highlights the top beautiful figure. The 34"-scale maple neck is capped with a 21-fret, 12"-radius rosewood fingerboard for a great playing feel while the matching headstock adds a touch of elegance.
Fitted with a single Ernie Ball Music Man-designed Alnico-equipped humbucker and the award-winning 3-Band active preamp, the Ray35Q dishes out incredible tone with plenty of low-end punch and power. The versatile 3-way switch and Bass, Mid, and Treble control knobs make it easy dial in your perfect sound.
High-quality chrome hardware includes a set of open-gear tuners and a heavy duty fixed Sterling By Music Man bridge. Case not included.
Get your Sterling by Music Man Ray35Q Quilt 5-String Electric Bass Guitar today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Things You Will Get:
- 5-String Electric Bass Guitar
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Fret Buzz
- Poor Quality Craftsmanship
- Rock Concerts
Comments about Sterling By Music Man Ray35q Quilt 5-String Electric Bass Guitar:
This is a 1 month review. Mine was bought from Sam Ash as a staff used unit.
- Mediocre factory setup. Action way too high to the point that the low B was almost impossible to slap. Way too much neck relieve. At least the nut height was right so it wasn't too time consuming to correct the rest.
- Buzzing on the 11th and 12th frets on the low B, 7th on the D, and 11th on the G suggests frets are a little uneven.
- Cannot raise the pickup to the height as recommended in the Music Man FAQ page before the foam(?) underneath the pickup topped out.
- Cracks in the finish around the machine head of the E string!
- Seems to have some impurities locked into the finish at a few spots on the the maple neck. You can feel them when you run your hand up and down the neck. A little annoying but not a problem big enough to affect playability.
- Subpar packaging. Mine came in a gigbag inside the factory cardboard box with NOTHING inside to fill the empty space. Fortunately nothing was damaged during shipping.
- It sounds just like a MM Stingray. I don't have a MM around to A/B so I'm working from memory here.
- Stunning quilt maple top. Probably the nicest looking Ray copy available.
- All the controls work well. The pickup sounds great. You can get a broad range of sounds out of it.
- The rosewood fretboard gives a mellower slap tone than maple. This is a plus for me but may not be for everyone.
- Fast and comfortable neck. The neck shape is perfect for me. I have no problem doing all I want on it.
Was it worth it? After weighing the pros and cons I would have to say yes. Other than a few annoyances, you get the Stingray sound and great playability for a fraction of the price of a real Ray.
|Number Of Frets||21|
|Body Style||Double Cutaway|
|Neck Type||Bolt On|
|Body Wood||African Mahogany|
|Bridge Pickup||Alnico Humbucker, SBMM Design|
|Bridge Type||Fixed, SBMM Design|
|Tuning Machines||Open Gears|
$169.99$84.95 Save : $85.04 (50%)
$44.95 to $54.95
$79.99$49.99 Save : $30.00 (38%)
$160.50$99.00 Save : $61.50 (38%)
$47.51$24.59 Save : $22.92 (48%)
$70.99$49.99 Save : $21.00 (30%)
$49.99$29.99 Save : $20.00 (40%)
$171.42$119.99 Save : $51.43 (30%)
$149.99$99.99 Save : $50.00 (33%)
$107.50$80.60 Save : $26.90 (25%)
$151.50$99.00 Save : $52.50 (35%)
$127.50$79.00 Save : $48.50 (38%)