Tech 21 Richie Kotzen Signature RK5 Fly Rig
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The Richie Kotzen Signature RK5 Fly Rig is not simply another version of the Fly Rig 5 with his name screened on it. The RK5 was developed in close collaboration with Richie, whose input was invaluable.At its heart, is the all-analog SansAmp which makes it possible to go direct to a PA or mixer. For effects, you have the essentials: a reverb, a delay with tap tempo, a powerful boost, and Richie’s Signature OMG overdrive.
For fly gigs across the globe, jamming at the local hang, and last minute sessions, you’ll be the first one ready to go. You can stop stressing over what to pack and agonizing over what to leave behind. You can stop dreading cheesy backline loaners and overheating at the mere thought of your touring rig going down. Just pop your RK5 into your guitar case and head for the door!
- SansAmp tube amplifier emulator, is pre-voiced for clean tones. It includes 3-band active EQ, Level, and Drive to adjust the overall amount of gain and overdrive
- Reverb, within the SansAmp section, is based upon the Boost RVB pedal. It emulates the rich ambiances of a vintage spring reverb without clattery pings, canyons of doom, or other annoying artifacts.
- OMG overdrive, based upon Richie’s Signature OMG pedal, brings in the organic distortion of single power tube Class A amplifiers, but with a tighter, quicker and snappier response. Includes Level, Tone and Drive controls.
- Boost, within the OMG section, kicks in up to 21dB of pre-amp gain. It can be used independently to boost the SansAmp and/or DLA functions, as well as on its own to boost the gain of your amp.
- DLA is based upon the Boost DLA pedal. It is voiced to give you the sounds of a vintage tape echo and features Level, Time, Repeats, and Drift, which adds a random element to the modulation for authentic textures.
- A dedicated Tap Tempo switch makes it super simple to just tap in the delay tempo you want during your performance.
- All analog signal path; reverb and delay are mixed in parallel
- All metal housing w/metal footswitches and jacks.
- 1/4-inch high-impedance input.
- Silent-switching, custom footswitch actuators.
- Utilizes included “auto-switching” 12V DC power supply. Self-adjusts to 100V-240V (can be used anywhere in the world with the proper plug/travel adapter for the host country).
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Small light
- No Stand Alone Reverb
- One And Done
Not sure what the other reviewer is talking about. This pedal does everything well. I've run it through a Peavey Classic 50, Blackheart Little giant, "65 VibroChamp, and a Mesa Express 5:50. It sounds great though all of them except the Mesa which does not take any pedal well. Perhaps this is his issue? I've seen and heard Richie use it live and I don't think anyone would say it sounded anything but great! I'm super happy with it and I will also say that Sam Ash service is great!
- Was this a gift?:
- Ease Of Use
- Sound quality
I bought this based on some YouTube Videos, but was very disappointed. I played this through a Mesa Express on the clean channel as well as a Tech 21 Power Engine 60, and the sound quality in both was horrible. The drive was the worst, very sterile and digital sounding, the Sans amp not much better, the reverb sounded ok, but couldn't turn it on or off. The delay sounded decent and that's the only reason this got one star. Other than that it was noisy, even when no effects were active, and the knobs are very tiny and hard to adjust.
I have owned the following multi-effects; Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X, TC's Nova, Zoom G3X, the RK5 is by far the worst by a long shot. Don't waste your time or money, of those previously mentioned the Zoom G3X is the best sounding and easy to use, however since returning the FR5, I purchased a Carl Martin Quattro, and it is amazing, seriously the best I have had. I will be writing a review on it soon.
I would like to say that Sam Ash was awesome in handling the return, excellent customer service, quick shipping. and just a great place to do business.
- Was this a gift?: