Orange Amplification Rockerverb 100 MKIII 100-Watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Head
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
A powerful, versatile 100-watt valve head that'll satisfy all of your sonic needs: the Orange Amplification Rockerverb 100 MKIII 100-Watt Tube Guitar Amplifier Head.For over 10 years, the Rockerverb Series amplifiers from Orange Amplification have proved that a dependable workhorse amp can be incredibly versatile. Originally introduced as Orange's first "high gain" amp, the original Rockerverb became the choice amp for players of heavier genres. However, due to its amazing sonic flexibility and reliability, the Rockerverb Series has become the staple for session musicians and touring artists alike, both in the studio and on stage.
Orange Amplification is proud to offer the Rockerverb 100 MKIII for spring 2015, combining years of user feedback with several design improvements to give players a pro-quality amp that offers exactly what they need. For the first time ever in the Rockerverb Series, the MKIII features selectable output power options, allowing you cut down to 70, 50 or 30 watts so you can manipulate both volume and headroom. The MKIII also boasts a footswitchable attenuator, a feature that has been one of the driving forces behind the success of the Thunderverb and Dual Dark Series amplifiers.
On the MKIIIs, the Clean channel has even more headroom than before and has been completely revoiced to deliver a more "chimey" response. At the same time, the MKIIIs still have the warm vintage sonic qualities of a non-master volume design. What's more? The valve-driven spring reverb on the MKIII now has a brighter tail and a more extensive range. Paired with a wide array of other hidden refinements and you have the best-sounding, most full-featured Rockerverb yet.
- The original Rockerverb amp became a favorite of many players due to its legendary high-gain sound. Featuring a highly versatile twin channel design, the MKIIIs continue the legacy of its predecessors while offering incredible sonic flexibility. The Dirty channel can take you anywhere from a time-tested British crunch all the way through to even the most brutal, heaviest modern metal tones. Even with the Gain cranked all the way up, you can hear every note with amazing clarity. The Clean channel now delivers a more sparkly, crisp sound while offering enhanced tonal control thanks to the re-voiced 2-band EQ section. The MKIIIs have even more headroom and volume in full power mode when you need it, and can now be easily manipulated via the selectable output and Attentuator controls.
- The footswitchable valve-driven spring reverb has undergone significant upgrades, and features custom transformer along with a single 12AT7/ECC81 tube. Taking you from a subtle airy reverb to full-on surf and everything in between, this spring reverb has a more intuitive, usable sweep and is Orange's richest sounding reverb yet.
- The footswitchable attenuator control allows the MKIII to maintain its output clipping characteristics when the overall volume is lowered. Located after the Master Volume controls, the Attenuator circuit determines when and how the amp distorts post preamp stage. Orange's design ensures that the relationship between the speaker and the output transformer is maintained, giving this amp a springy and responsive tone even at extremely low volume levels.
- Adding to the flexibility of the the MKIII, the switchable output power gives you more control over the headroom and breakup from the output tubes. Decrease the output power for greater output valve clipping and saturation at lower volumes. Featuring a "half power" mode and a 2 or 4 valve selector switch, the Rockerverb 100 MKIII can be taken from 100 watts down 70, 50, or 30 watts.
- Buffered by a single 12AT7/ECC81 tube, the highly-transparent Valve Buffered FX Loop allows you to integrate your outboard effects while retaining an all-valve signal path.
Things You Will Get:
- Guitar Amplifier Head
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Same as my review for the 50 watt version. The only difference is this amp has more headroom which allows clean tone to chime at higher volumes.
What is the pinnacle of British bite? In my opinion the Orange Rockerverb is the best amp ever made for a certain tone. The amazing amount of mids combined with the perfect amount of bass and treble to provide an amazing tone. The cleans are okay, but this amp truly shines when the tubes begin to breakup, which I assume is why someone would purchase a Rockerverb in the first place. Try one out!
*Hands on review by Christopher M. from store 57 in Indianapolis
- Was this a gift?:
|Amp Type||All Tube|
Twin channel Class A/B guitar amp head, footswitchable valve driven reverb, valve buffered effects loop, footswitchable attenuator & selectable output wattage
Top Panel (Right to Left): Input, Clean Channel: Volume, Bass, Treble | Dirty Channel: Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble | Reverb, Attenuator | Clean/Dirty selector, Full/Standby/Half Power, Mains switch
100 Watts: 4 Valves (Full Power)
70 Watts: 4 Valves (Half Power)
50 Watts: 2 Valves (Full Power)
30 Watts: 2 Valves (Half Power)
Speaker Outputs: 1×8 Ohm or 1×16 Ohm or 2×16 Ohm
Valves: Preamp: 4 x ECC83/12AX7 & 2 x ECC81/12AT7, Power Amp: 4 x EL34
|Dimensions||21.65 x 10.63 x 11.02 inches (WxHxD) - Unboxed|
|Model||Rockerverb 100 Head MKIII|
$49.95 to $62.95
$699.00$499.00 Save : $200.00 (29%)
$21.99 to $89.99
$79.99$69.99 Save : $10.00 (12%)
$15.90$13.95 Save : $1.95 (12%)
You May Also Be Interested In
$599.00$449.00 Save : $150.00 (25%)
$3,399.00$2,499.00 Save : $900.00 (26%)
$2,799.00$1,999.00 Save : $800.00 (29%)
$3,199.00$2,349.00 Save : $850.00 (27%)