Samson Servo 120a Power Amplifier
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Ideal for powering near field monitors or installation sound, the Samson Servo 120a provides you with "reference-class" audio performance and reliability in a compact package
Ideal for powering near field monitors or installation sound, the Servo 120a provides you with "reference-class" audio performance and reliability in a compact package.
The Servo 120a is a single rack-space stereo power amplifier which is optimized for use in both professional and project recording studio environments as well as for live performance. It delivers 60 watts of power per channel into 4 ohms (or, in Bridge mode, 120 watts into 8-ohms) over the full frequency spectrum, from 3 Hz to 65 kHz. Both balanced 1/4" TRS and unbalanced RCA-type input connectors are provided, along with 5-way binding post output connectors. Front-panel controls and displays include a power switch, independent left- and rightchannel input level controls, ten-segment LED meters, a Protection LED, and a convenient headphone jack and speaker on/off switch for private cue monitoring.
Suggested applications for the Servo120 include:
• Amplification for nearfield monitors or cue headphones in both professional and project studios – Its superb audio specs and whisper-quiet performance (its convection cooling design means there is no fan), along with its unique front-panel speaker on-off switch and dedicated headphone jack, make the Servo 120a the perfect complement to any recording studio.
• Home Theatre applications - The power and flexibility offered by the Servo 120a (it can be used either as a 60 watt stereo amplifier, or, in bridge mode, as a 120 watt monophonic amp) makes it the perfect addition to any home theatre, in conjunction with any DVD player or other surround sound system. For example, use it in stereo mode to drive your main front left/right speakers, using your home stereo to drive the rear satellite speakers—or use the Servo 120a in Bridge mode to drive your center channel or subwoofer with power galore.
• As an extension to a home hi-fi system - The Servo 120a boasts professional specs which far exceed that of most consumer products. For a real “studio” experience in your own home, try connecting your home hi-fi amplifier’s auxiliary outputs to the Servo 120a’s inputs (thus using your hi-fi amp as a preamplifier) and then connect your existing speakers to the Servo 120a’s outputs. If you fall in love with the sound (as we’re sure you will), you might want to substitute a professional pre-amplifier for your existing hi-fi amp—and, from there, you may well end up graduating to higher-level speakers.
• Powering public address systems in permanent installations - The Servo 120a can be used to effectively drive PA speakers in installations such as classrooms and corporate conference rooms.
• Onstage monitoring - In small and medium-sized onstage areas (such as in clubs, lounges, etc.), the Servo 120a can be used to drive stage monitors, allowing the performers to hear themselves without having to rely on onstage equipment amplification.
• MIDI rack monitoring - Taking only a single rack space, MIDI musicians can easily incorporate the Servo 120a into their existing rack of gear. Combined with a pair of high quality stage or studio speakers, this makes for an excellent monitoring system that can accurately reproduce the broad range of frequencies typically output by devices such as synthesizers, samplers, and digital audio workstations.
The Samson Servo 120a Power Amplifier utilizes the latest technology in professional power amplifier design.
Here are some of the main features:
• Power to spare - Each channel delivers 60 watts of power into 4 ohms (or, in Bridge mode, 120 watts into 8 ohms).
• Clean, crisp sound - Impressive audio specifications such as .01% THD, S/N of 105 dB, crosstalk of 75 dB, and frequency response of 3 Hz to 65 kHz guarantee ultra-clean sound quality in any live or recording environment.
• Independent input level controls for each channel with 41-position detents.
• Ten-segment LED meters for each channel continuously display power output levels and allow you to correct for overloading (clipping) conditions.
• Front-panel Protection LED shows you at a glance overheating or faulty wiring conditions.
• Innovative front-panel Speaker on/off switch and dedicated headphone jack enables private cue monitoring of the input signal.
• Both electronically balanced 1/4" TRS and unbalanced RCA-type input connector jacks are provided along with 5-way binding post output connectors.
• Convection cooling (no fan) makes for whisper-quiet operation even in critical listening environments such as recording studios.
• Unique bipolar circuit design that continuously keeps DC output during idling at or near 0 volts (thus keeping idle speakers at their 0 point). This serves to minimize heat overload problems by effectively preventing the Servo 120a from applying power when unnecessary.
• Protection relay circuitry (linked to the DC offset circuitry) that prevents “thumps” when powering on or off. This means that you can use the Servo 120a with a single power strip into which a mixer or other audio devices are connected, without danger of damage to connected speakers.
• Toroidal transformer power supply.
• Rugged construction (an all-steel chassis with a titanium finish and a lightweight anodized aluminum heat sink) makes the Servo 120a eminently roadworthy.
• Flexible design allows the Servo 120a to be used free-standing or, with the use of included rack ears, mounted in any standard 19" rack (taking just a single rack space).
• Last but certainly not least, value. The Samson Servo 120a has been designed from the ground up to deliver excellent yet affordable sound quality.
3 years parts and labor.
Things You Will Get:
- Power Supply
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Excellent Sound
- Good Warmth
- Home Studio
- Professional Recording
Comments about Samson Servo 120A Power Amplifier:
I owned a Smason servo 120 for years, and, stupidly, sold it to a friend. Now I replaced it with the latest version, and it is still areliable, and clean amp. I use it mainly to power my TANNOY near fields, but I have also used it to power a stereo guitar cabinet for recording using fx processors/preamps. It was completely clean, and gave us the sound we were looking for. It isn't overly powerful, but it isn't designed to be. It is a discreet amp, that can be used right next to digital gear without interference, or fan noise. I plan on buying the two larger models for my mids, and far monitors.
$12.99$8.49 Save : $4.50 (35%)
$7.19$4.79 Save : $2.40 (33%)
$34.00$24.08 Save : $9.92 (29%)
$159.99 to $249.00
$39.99 to $89.99
$8.00$5.28 Save : $2.72 (34%)
$22.99 to $66.99
$15.99 to $76.99
$50.00$39.95 Save : $10.05 (20%)
$149.99$99.99 Save : $50.00 (33%)
$91.99$39.99 Save : $52.00 (57%)