Shure VP83 LensHopper Camera-Mounted Shotgun Microphone
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The Shure VP83 LensHopper is an ultra-compact condenser shotgun microphone designed to provide an all-in-one solution for users.Easily capture detailed, high-definition audio with DSLR cameras and camcorders. Easily accessible controls for low-cut filter and three-position gain enable adjustments for different recording environments.
Easily accessible controls at the back of the microphone including:
Three-position gain switch (-10 dB pad, 0, +20 dB boost) to compensate for different recording environments
Low-cut filter switch to eliminate distracting background noise and room ambience, and also controls on/off function
Up to 130 hours of battery life from 1 AA alkaline battery (included).
Durable, Lightweight All-In-One Solution:
- Exceptional Audio Performance with Easy-to-Use Controls
- Detailed, high-definition audio with full low-end response for professional results every time
- High sensitivity and low self-noise with wide frequency range for natural audio reproduction
- Highly directional supercardioid/lobar polar pattern rejects unwanted off-axis audio while clearly capturing the intended sound source
- Superior RF immunity to avoid against unwanted audio artifacts from cellular and RF device
- Integrated Rycote® Lyre® shock mounting system provides superior isolation from vibration and mechanical noise through its customized, robust design exclusively developed with Rycote® for the VP83 model
- Ultra-lightweight yet durable, all-metal construction designed to legendary Shure quality standards
- Integrated 3.5 mm audio cable for quick connection to camera or recording device
- Standard size shoe mount with a 1/4” threaded base for both on camera use, or easy mounting on a stand
- Includes foam windscreen to reduce unwanted wind noise without affecting sound quality.
- Rycote® Windjammer® accessory available separately
- Transducer: TypeA Condenser transducer converts sound into an electrical signal
- Polar Pattern: Lobar, Supercardioid
- Frequency Response: 50 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (1 kHz): -36.5 dBV/Pa / 14.9 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Selfnoise: 17.4 dB SPL-A
- Weight: 133 g
Things You Will Get:
VP83 Shotgun Mic
1 AA alkaline battery
Integrated 3.5 mm gold-plated audio cable
Standard size shoe mount with a 1/4" threaded base for on-camera use or easy mounting on a stand
Foam windscreen (Windjammer® available separately)