Hal Leonard The 20th Century – Elementary Level
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
The 20th Century series presents music by some of the greatest composers of the modern era, composers who wrote a full range of music for orchestra, voices, piano and chamber ensembles, in the great and large forms. But they also valued music education, and composed interesting music to foster a stdent pianist's progress. The pieces by these composers lead a student not only to technical proficiency, but also to become a more fully formed, imaginative musician. When a great talent turns attention to writing a short piece of limited difficulty level for students, it is approached with the same aesthetics, temperament, tastes and creative invention applied when composing a symphony, opera or concerto. These exquisite miniatures are complete works of timeless art. Through them a master musician of the past indirectly teaches a progressing musician of the present and the future.
- Peasant Song from Ten Easy Pieces
- elections from The First Term at the Piano: Stepping Stones, Invention I, Parallel Lines, Legato and Staccato, Dialogue I, Dialogue II, Dialogue III, Follow the Leader, Short and Long Legato
- Kabalevsky: selectionsfrom 24 Pieces for Children, Op. 39: Melody, Polka, Rambling, Cradle Song, Playing, Funny Event, Song, A Little Dance, Scherzo
- selections from 35 Easy Pieces, Op. 89: First Piece, First Etude, Quiet Song, At Recess, First Waltz, Light and Shadow, Little Hedgehog, Playful One, Trumpet and Echo, Evening Song, Skipping Rope, Trumpet and Drum
- Shostakovich: selections from
- Children's Notebook for Piano, Op. 69: March, Waltz.