Hal Leonard The 20th Century – Intermediate Level
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
20th Century series presents music by some of the greatest composers of the modern era, composers who wrote a full range of music for orchestra, voices, piano and chamber ensembles, in the great and large forms. But they also valued music education, and composed interesting music to foster a stdent pianist's progress. The pieces by these composers lead a student not only to technical proficiency, but also to become a more fully formed, imaginative musician. When a great talent turns attention to writing a short piece of limited difficulty level for students, it is approached with the same aesthetics, temperament, tastes and creative invention applied when composing a symphony, opera or concerto. These exquisite miniatures are complete works of timeless art. Through them a master musician of the past indirectly teaches a progressing musician of the present and the future.
- Little Shimmy
- Barber: Petite Berceuse
- To My Steinway
- selections from For Children: Jeering Song, Round Dance
- Creston: selections from Five Little Dances, Op. 24: Festive Dance, Rustic Dance
- Hovhaness: Mountain Lullaby from Mountain Idylls, Op. 119
- Kabalevsky: selections from 30 Pieces for Children, Op. 27: Clowning, A Little Prank, Lyric Piece, The Chase, Novelette
- Slow Waltz from 24 Pieces for Children, Op. 39
- Rondo-Toccata from Four Rondos, Op. 60; Prelude and Fugue in G Major from Six Preludes and Fugues, Op. 61
- Khachaturian: Ivan Sings from Adventures of Ivan
- Muczynski: Fable No. 9 from Fables, Op. 21
- Pinto: Playing Marbles from Children's Festival
- Prokofiev: selections from Music for Children, Op. 65: Morning, Promenade, Regrets
- Ravel: Prélude
- Shostakovich: Birthday from Children's Notebook for Piano, Op. 69.