Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite DUO Custom DSP Accelerator (Firewire)
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Dual-Processor UAD Power over FireWire — plus 3 UAD plug-ins of your choice.A simple FireWire connection is all it takes to plug your Intel-based Mac into the world’s finest analog hardware emulations. The UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators offer full access to UAD Powered Plug-Ins, including exclusive titles from Studer, Ampex, Lexicon, Neve, Manley, Roland, SSL and more.
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Custom package features a sleek, ultra-portable FireWire 800/400-based processing unit, plus the “Analog Classics” plug-in bundle (VST/AU/RTAS), and you pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration, giving you massive analog character, right out of the box!
This outboard processing can provide a big mixing horsepower “boost” for your MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac mini — letting you run larger mixes, filled with rich, sonically complex plug-ins — no matter what the rest of your system is doing. The UAD-2 Satellite can be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and the UAD Apollo interface, for truly scalable mixing power. And because it’s portable, the UAD-2 Satellite lets you travel with your UAD plug-ins, wherever you mix on an Intel-based Mac with an available FireWire port.
The UAD-2 Satellite DUO Custom features two individual Analog Device SHARC processors and the “Analog Classics” bundle that includes: LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN / 1176SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, and Realverb Pro plug-ins, plus pick any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration!
• Workhorse dual-processor external FireWire 800 DSP Accelerator unit, compatible with Intel-based Macs and Windows 7 PCs*
• Provides access to award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins library
• Custom software bundle lets users “pick any 3” UAD plug-in titles within 45 days of registration**
• Ideal for project studios running medium-sized sessions w/ higher plug-in instances
• Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
• Can be combined with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Apollo / Apollo 16 audio interfaces
• Connect to Thunderbolt-equipped Macs via Apple Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter
• VST/AU/RTAS and 64-bit compatible
• Also available as UAD-2 Satellite DUO Core package
Minimum System Requirements:
• (Win) Windows 7 64-Bit Edition w/ SP1*
• (Mac) OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, 10.7 Lion, or 10.8 Mountain Lion
• 2 GB available disk space
• Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
• Available FireWire 800 port* for UAD-2 Satellite, Apollo, or Apollo 16
• 1024 x 800 minimum display resolution
• Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
• Compatible VST, Audio Units, or RTAS plug-in host application software