A-Designs Ventura Mic Preamp/Equalizer/DI
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Designed in the tradition of vintage consoles, the Ventura is a combination mono preamp, instrument DI and EQ with incredible transparency, a natural "air," a great bass floor, and plenty of drive for extra gain with consistent analog clarity.
Manufactured here in the USA, the Ventura is a single channel strip, serving as a single-stage preamp, designed with the examples set by Quad Eight, creators of great custom consoles.
It's transformer-coupled with balanced ins and outs. Like other great consoles, it features gain control, a -20 dB pad and a +48 Volt Phantom Power with a red LED indicator light.
The EQ section has the "old console" diversity as well, allowing you to use it individually as well as in parallel with the preamp out, so you can split the signals to feed your recording with flat and EQ'd tracks separately. Also, the DI feature allows the Ventura to serve as a high-quality DI, especially useful for bass and guitar.
- Ultra transparent, solid-state mic preamplifier with 72db gain
- Instrument DI and true, 3-band parametric EQ with high-and low-pass filters
- Mic preamp, EQ, and DI can be used together or independently
- Three specially designed discrete C12X operational amplifiers
- Cinemag input and output transformers
- Toroidal power transformer
- Balanced TRS insert return/EQ input
- Separate gain controls for mic and instrument inputs
- -20dB pad, +48VDC phantom power
- Balanced gold Neutrik XLR input, direct, and main output connectors
- Silver-contact, high-durability toggle switches with no relays
- Hand-built in the USA with audiophile-quality components
- High-tolerance metal film resistors and high-quality polystyrene, polypropylene, COG, and bi-polar capacitors
- Single rackspace steel chassis
Things You Will Get:
|Analog Inputs Number||3|
|Analog Input Types||
1/4" TRS (Insert/EQ)
|Analog Outputs Number||2|
|Analog Outputs Types||XLR|
|Other Controllers||Filter and Phase Switches|
|Dimensions||19” x 1.75” x 10” (WxHxD)|