D.W. Fearn VT-1 Single Channel Microphone Preamp
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
The D.W. Fearn VT-1 recreates the sound of classic tube preamps of the 1960s. Modern components and computer-optimized circuitry, unavailable during the vacuum tube era, elevate this design to a new level of performance.The VT-1 microphone preamplifier will change the way you think of audio quality. The transparency is astounding. Vocals sound smoother, warmer, more intimate, with a compelling presence. Any microphone and any sound will benefit from the improved clarity, definition, and lack of solid-state artifacts. Like the best tube equipment of the 1950s and '60s, the VT-1 is built on a heavy-gauge aluminum chassis, utilizing point-to-point wiring. Each vacuum tube is selected for minimum noise and microphonics, and maximum sonic clarity.
The VT-1 is a recreation of the classic tube preamps of the 1960s, updated with improved modern passive components and computer-aided circuit optimization. Because of the unique qualities of vacuum tubes, the VT-2 has a clarity, transparency, and warmth that solid state preamps lack. Its modern design and construction allows the VT-2 to exceed the performance of vintage vacuum tube preamps.
It is designed for use in the professional recording environment. It accepts all low impedance balanced microphones. It features a regulated +48 volt supply for phantom powering condenser microphones, a switchable 20 dB input pad, a phase (polarity) reversal switch, a switchable input network to accommodate very low impedance microphones (typically transformerless types), and a true VU meter. It is built to sound great for a long time, with top quality parts used throughout; all the transformers and many other components are custom-made for the VT-2.
All four power supplies (filament, phantom power, B+, and meter amp) are solid state and fully regulated. The Attenuation control potentiometer is a conductive plastic type for long, noise-free operation. The VT-1 is not mass-produced. Each one is hand-made and meticulously tested and listened to before shipment to the customer.
The front panel switches control sealed, gold-contact precision relays for all audio switching, eliminating the possibility of dirty contacts degrading the sound and minimizing the internal audio path. Four class-A triode amplifier sections (in two tubes) in each channel comprise the entire active circuit. This surprisingly simple circuit, along with top-quality components and careful design optimization, results in the sonic superiority that the VT-1 has become known for.
- All vacuum-tube design
- Clean and airy high end w/Fat low end
- Unsurpassed warmth, transparency, and musicality
- Lo-Z input position for superior performance with transformerless mics
- Phase (polarity) reverse switch
- +48 volt phantom power (completely disconnected when off)
- Custom-design Jensen input and output transformers for superb sonics
- - 20 dB input pad (switchable)
- True VU meters (amplifier isolated)
- All point-to-point audio wiring
- High-performance, fully-regulated power supplies with exceptional reserve
- Gold input and output XLR connectors
- Polypropylene and polystyrene coupling capacitors
- All audio switching through gold-contact, sealed precision relays
- International operation on 100, 120, or 220 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- CE certified, RoHS-compliant
Things You Will Get:
- VT-1 Single Channel Microphone Preamp
- Power Cable
- Owner's Manual
|Connectors||Gold input and output XLR connectors|
|Number of Channels||1|
|Side Chain I/O||N/A|
|Combo XLR/TRS Jacks||1|
|Dimensions||19”W x 5.25”H x 9”D|
|Gain Range||53 dB minimum|
$89.99$29.99 Save : $60.00 (67%)
$188.00$99.99 Rebate value:-$10.00 Price After rebate:$89.99 Save:$98.01 (52.13%)
Be the first toWrite a Review$29.99