Universal Audio Apollo Twin MkII Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt Audio Interface w/Realtime UAD-2 Core Processing
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
The New Apollo Twin. A Next-Generation Desktop Record-Making Machine — for Mac and Windows.Available with UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, and SOLO Core Processing
In addition to the popular UAD-2 SOLO and DUO Core models, Apollo Twin MkII is available in an ultra-powerful UAD-2 QUAD Core model, allowing more plug-in horsepower for running the most complex and convincing analog emulations on the market.
Next-Generation Apollo A/D and D/A Conversion
Apollo Twin MkII improves upon the original Apollo Twin’s gold-standard audio quality with completely redesigned A/D and D/A conversion — giving you increased dynamic range and ultra-low THD. This next-generation conversion results in breathtaking clarity, depth, and accuracy in recordings — as heard on hit records by Kendrick Lamar, Coldplay, Brad Paisley, and more.
Unison Mic Preamp Emulation Technology for Neve, API, Manley, UA & More
A Universal Audio breakthrough, Apollo Twin MkII’s Unison technology gives you the genuine tone of the world’s most sought-after tube and transformer-based mic preamps — including Neve, API, Manley, and UA — complete with their signature impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors.
Based on Apollo Twin MkII’s unrivaled hardware-software integration, Unison lets you record at near-zero latency through preamp emulations like the included UA 610-B Tube Preamp, for authentic analog sound unmatched by other interfaces. Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin MkII’s front panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for exclusive guitar and bass amp models from Fender,® Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
Realtime UAD-2 Processing — a Studio Full of Analog Sounds
Building upon the Apollo tradition, Apollo Twin MkII opens up a range of classic analog tones and color via its Realtime UAD Processing. Available with a choice of UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core processing onboard, Apollo Twin lets you record through the full range of UAD Powered Plug-Ins — at near-zero latency — including genuine analog emulations from Neve, Studer, Ampex, API, Lexicon, Manley, Fender, and more.*
Right out of the box, the Apollo Twin MkII includes the “Realtime Analog Classics” suite of UAD plug-ins — the UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, Raw Distortion, Softube Amp Rooms, legacy LA-2A and 1176LN compressors, Pultec EQs, and more — so you have a rack full of bonafide audio classics already onboard.
Unlike competing interfaces, the Apollo Twin MkII powers UAD plug-ins inside all major DAWs for mixing and mastering (VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format), greatly offloading the processing required from your host Mac or PC.
Built to Record: Improved Monitoring and Workflow
Apollo Twin MkII offers greatly improved monitor functionality versus the original Apollo Twin — with Mute, DIM, Mono, and ALT speaker switching. It also includes monitor remote controls and a built-in talkback mic for easy communication with talent and/or recording slate cues. These features, combined with Apollo Twin MkII’s scalability, make it the new standard for professional desktop recording.
Professional Performance and Scalability with Console 2
Users of Apollo Twin MkII can combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo 8, 8p, or 16 rackmount unit, you can use Apollo Twin as a desktop monitor control while still tapping its additional I/O and DSP power.
• Desktop 2x6 Thunderbolt audio interface for Mac and Windows with next-generation 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion
• Available UAD-2 QUAD, DUO, or SOLO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency*
• Unison™ technology offers stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based preamps, guitar amps, and stompboxes
• Built-in talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
• Improved monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
• 2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; 2 line outputs; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input and headphone output
• 2 digitally controlled analog monitor outputs for full resolution at all listening levels
• Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via Optical TOSLINK connection
• Includes Realtime Analog Classics UAD plug-in bundle, featuring Legacy versions of the LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176LN Limiting Amplifier, and Pultec EQP-1A Program Equalizer, plus Softube Amp Room Essentials, Raw Distortion, 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ, and more
• Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, RTAS, & AAX 64 in all major DAWs
• Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
*Apollo Twin MkII includes the "Realtime Analog Classics" UAD plug-in bundle.
Included in the Realtime Analog Classics Bundle:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifer (Legacy)
- Raw Distortion
- Softube Amp Room Half-Stack (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Softube Bass Amp Room 8x10 (Softube Amp Room Essentials)
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Things You Will Get:
- Apollo Twin MkII Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- Power Supply
- Realtime Analog Classics Bundle
Reviewed by 4 customers
Displaying reviews 1-4
Apollo upped the ante on the new Twin's. The converters are great and these are the best interfaces under a grand! Another really great thing....they have built in processors so when use use UA plugins, they do not bog down your computer like other formats tend to do.
- great sound
- high quality
- no latency
Look no further, you have would the best one! This is the one to get. Great sound and quality, easy to use with no frills. What else do you need! I would recommend to a friend.
- Was this a gift?:
- Built-in talkback
- New Converters
- Warm Pre-Amps
- Limited on-board inputs
- At home recordings
- Guitar tracking
- Vocal Tracking
Universal Audio makes great products and the new MkII of the Apollo Twin line blew me away. The new converters that have been implemented in it gave me a whole new tone that I didn't know I was looking for. The built in talkback feature makes things incredibly easy while I'm in the control room and my vocalist is in the booth. Thanks to Universal Audio I have obtained a new sound and new way of looking at interfaces in general.
- Was this a gift?:
This year Universal Audio updated their Apollo Twin models and the improvements are greatly appreciated. Instead of getting an Apollo Twin for a PC and one for a MAC, the new thunderbolt/usb 3.1 system now lets you use the interface for both systems. The new models now also come in a quad core version which makes recording even easy and allows for more workload to be taken off the computer and into the interface. A must have.
|Included Software||Realtime Analog Classics Bundle|
|Outputs||2 line outputs; headphone output|
|Compatible File Type||VST, RTAS, AU, AAX 64 format|
|Inputs||2 premium Unison mic/line preamps; front-panel Hi-Z instrument input; Built-in talkback mic|
$18.99$13.99 to $27.99 Save: $5.00 (26.33%)
$71.99$59.99 Save: $12.00 (16.67%)
$59.99$49.99 Save: $10.00 (16.67%)
$79.99$49.99 Save: $30.00 (37.5%)