A-Designs MP-2A Stereo Tube Mic Pre
Sometimes, simple quality is the name of the game. The MP-2A is an all-tube, dual-channel mic preamp, modeled after the A-Designs' successful MP-2 and given added features.
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Bass Guitar, Sax & Flute, Drum Overheads and vocals have been favorite applications for the MP-2.
The new "A" series has many new features added, including a -20dB Pad Switch and selectable tone switches, allowing up to four different tones per channel. The new output gain of the MP1-A and MP-2A Series' has also gone from 46dB to 60dB, which is a perfect range for today's Ribbon Mics.
Utilizing world class input transformers by CineMag and custom designed output transformers for the lowest noise level and highest quality sound, the MP-2A brings the warmth and richness of analog to your recordings while maintaining a crystal clear spectrum of sound. The MP-2 is a professional class preamp for use on a variety of sources, and includes rear panel instrument and front panel line level inputs.
It delivers warmth, transparency, and a quality sound with a clean and airy high end like only a high quality all-tube pre-amp can.
- All-tube design
- Selectable tone switches offer four sounds per channel
• EF86 input tubes/6N1P output tubes
• Cinemag input transformers and custom-wound output transformers
• True VU meters
• Dual level controls
• -20dB pad switch (per channel)
• Polarity switch (per channel)
• Toroidal power transformer
• Balanced XLR I/O and 1/4” direct injects
• Custom-milled faceplate, solid vented metal frame (2U rack size)
Things You Will Get:
|Dimensions||19 x 3.5 x 10 inches (2U Rack spaces)|