MOTU 828 mk3 Hybrid Computer Audio Interface
The MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid Audio Interface is a high-end solution for moving audio in and out of your computer. It’s compatible with both FireWire and USB2. Sam Ash Direct has the guaranteed lowest price and fast free, shipping.
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Adorned with a wealth of analog and digital connectivity, the MOTU 828mk3 delivers professional, reliable performance whether used with MOTU software or the software of your choice, Mac or PC. The 828mk3 provides a total of 28 inputs and 30 outputs including dedicated main XLR outputs and 2 front panel headphone outputs. There are 10 channels of 192kHz recording and playback, 16 channels of ADAT I/O and stereo S/PDIF. A pair of front panel XLR/TRS combo jack inputs let you plug in your dynamic or condenser microphones (switchable 48V phantom power is available on both mic preamps). Built-in overload protection gives you an extra 12 dB of headroom above zero with no digital clipping or digital artifacts. Both mic preamps provide 53 dB of gain and is adjustable using the detented rotary encoder. The LCD gives you a precise readout of your settings so you’re always in-the-know.
Built-In Digital Mixer
The MOTU 828mk3 features the onboard CueMix FX digital mixer with built-in DSP offering compression, EQ, and reverb to all the inputs and outputs freeing your computer of these system taxing chores as well as providing you with all the effects you’ll need for a live performance when you use the 828mk3 as a live mixer. When operating the 828mk3 as a stand-alone mixer with effects, all operations are carried out via the front panel backlit LCD on the front panel.
Whether you’re an audio engineer in need of a complete, feature-rich, computer audio interface solution or a gigging musician looking for a streamlined live performance mixer with built-in effects, the MOTU 828mk3 Hybrid interface is ready and able to take on all connections and spit out high definition audio on-par with the best systems available.
Get your MOTU 828mk3 today from Sam Ash Direct and enjoy the confidence that comes from fast, free shipping the guaranteed lowest price and our 45/60-day return/price protection policy.
• Hybrid FireWire/USB2 connectivity — connect to your computer via either bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB2.
• CueMix FX™ — flexible 28-input/16-bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output.
• 28 inputs / 30 outputs
• Stand-alone operation
• Multiple CueMix FX mixes — for example, create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return loops for outboard gear - with no latency.
• Two front panel combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4” guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
• Mic/guitar instrument sends — add your favorite outboard EQ, preamp, reverb or other processor to the two mic/guitar inputs, before the signal goes digital.
• Clip protection — Mic/guitar input limiter prevents digital clipping and distortion from overloaded signal levels up to +12 dB over zero.
• Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
• Precision Digital Trim™ — Digitally controlled analog trim on all analog inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs)
• Flexible optical I/O — 16 channels of ADAT lightpipe, 8 channels of SMUX (96 kHz) or two pairs of stereo TOSLink. Mix and match formats between the two banks.
• Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
• Foot switch input — connect a standard foot pedal switch (sold separately) for hands-free punch-in and punch-out while recording. Or map the pedal to any keystroke function in your host software.
• Expandable — add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
• Separate XLR main outs and front-panel headphone jacks, each with independent volume control.
• Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
• Word clock in and out
• SMPTE in and out
• Includes 32- and 64-bit native drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 7/Vista/XP, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
• 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today's popular audio programs.
• Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for the Macintosh with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
• Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire or high-speed USB 2.0.
• Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
• Two front panel headphone jacks with independent volume controls.
• Front panel meters or activity LEDs for all analog, digital and MIDI I/O, plus SMPTE sync tach and lock LEDs.
• Dedicated front panel clock status LEDs.
• International 100-240V, 50-60 Hz auto switching power supply.
Things You Will Get:
- Audio Interface
- Firewire Cable
- USB Cable