Great River Electronics MP500NV 500 Series Microphone Preamp
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The Great River MP-500NV preamp module for the '500' series rack is here!The MP-500NV is a professional quality microphone preamplifier designed to re-create the vintage sound characteristics of the early 1970s large consoles. Modern components give the MP-500NV more clarity, punch and performance under normal use. In addition, features like metering before and after the major gain stages let the user drive it hard to greatly expand the range of sonic options.
All microphones will benefit from the power of the MP-500NV preamplifier, including dynamic, condenser and especially ribbon types. The MP-500NV uses the same audio and metering circuit board found in the NV series preamplifiers. This unit is designed to fit into a 500 series rack using 2 available slots. It receives its power supply from the host rack.
The unit is equipped with a HI-Z instrument jack that has its own input amplifier and was designed for DI applications. All specifications and performance details are identical to the NV series preamplifiers with the exception of size, weight, patch jack, -10dBv Out.
- I/O connections: XLR balanced; high-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input)
- Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db; 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure; high-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
- Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Great River exclusive)
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Big Iron Vintage Sound' from custom-wound transformers
- High-Z input is ideal for bass, guitar, and sound modules (FET-buffered and routed into the input transformer, a Great River exclusive)
- Gain stage monitoring via dual meters (also a Great River exclusive)
- Ultra quiet noise floor for outstanding performance at any gain setting
- Powered by '500' Rack's internal power supply
- 3 year warranty with registration
- Mounts in 2 spaces in a '500' rack
Things You Will Get:
- Microphone Preamp
|Series||500 Rack Series|
$249.00$199.00 Save: $50.00 (20.08%)
$33.49$22.99 to $73.99 Save: $10.50 (31.35%)