When I place an order with SamAsh.com, do you collect sales tax?
We do not collect sales tax for online orders, unless the orders are shipping to California, Connecticut, Florida, Nevada and New York.
Really? Why only those states?
We wish we didn't have to charge in these states, but our lawyers tell us we must. We always find it best to listen to them.
Notice to customers in CO, KY, LA, OK, RI, SD, VT, WA ("Your State"):
1. Samash.com does not collect sales or use tax in Your State.
2. Purchases on samash.com are not exempt from sales or use tax in Your State merely because they are made over the Internet or by other remote means.
3. Your State requires purchasers to (A) file a sales or use tax return reporting all purchases that are taxable in Your State and for which no tax was collected by the retailer and (B) pay tax on those purchases.
4. Samash.com may be required by law to provide the Your State with an annual report indicating the total dollar amount of all purchases made by you in Your State throughout the calendar year. We will not provide any other details of the transaction to Your State other than the amount of the purchase(s).
5. If required by law, we will provide you with an annual summary of your purchases during the previous calendar year to assist you in preparing Your State's tax return.
6. Details of how and when to file this return may be found at Your State's Department of Revenue or Tax Commission website.