Korg KR55 Pro Drum Machine
The Korg KR-55 Pro Drum Machine gives you an easy way to enjoy jam sessions with the backing of real drum/percussion sounds while its intuitive interface means that there’s no need for complex programming!
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Use the chain function to easily create sophisticated rhythm tracks
Each rhythm style includes a wide variety of patterns: two variations in addition to basic, fill-in 1, and fill-in 2. This means that the KR-55 Pro can provide the accompaniment for an entire song. By using the chain function, which lets you put together and memorize a different rhythm style for each measure, you can freely create even complex rhythm tracks. Up to 30 banks of chains can be stored, and each chain can be up to 999 measures long.
Versatile recording functionality that supports multi-track recording
In addition to built-in rhythm styles, the KR-55 Pro is equipped with a versatile recorder function that can record a variety of input sources. You can record your own performances along with the built-in rhythm styles, a favorite song, or karaoke tracks that you created on your DAW. The recorded data can be exported as a WAV file to an SD card, so the KR-55 Pro is all you need to create widely-usable tracks.
You can also multitrack-record your guitar and bass to produce more complex tracks. Also provided are editing functions such as undo/redo and punch-in, and you can also place markers at the desired location of the recorded data, and overdub while looping the playback.
Player function can play back audio files from an SD card
The KR-55 Pro is equipped with an audio player function that can play back audio files (wav) from an SD card. You can take advantage of Acoustage and use this unit as a high-quality listening system, or prepare backing tracks for you to play along with. There’s also a playlist function (10 banks) that lets you manage the file playback order of up to 24 songs, so you can play back songs in a desired order for your live performance. In addition, the playback speed can be adjusted in the range of -25% to +25%, and you can also make files play repeatedly or automatically in succession. Whether you’re practicing at home or performing in front of an audience, the KR-55 Pro is packed with functions that will be useful in various situations.
Acoustage function generates a wide stereo image
The KR-55 Pro features “Acoustage,” proprietary virtual surround technology developed by Korg. This generates a wide stereo effect that appears to originate from locations that are broadly separated between left and right. (Note: Depending on the speakers, it might be difficult to notice this effect.)
Battery operation for convenient portability
In addition to using the included adapter, the unit can also be powered by six AA batteries. Battery operation allows up to seven hours of continuous use, so the KR-55 Pro can be used even where an AC outlet is not available.
- 24 built-in drum/percussion styles that were recorded live using KORG’s proprietary “Real Groove Technology.”
- Each rhythm style includes a rich variety of patterns: two variations, basic, fill-in 1, fill-in 2, and ending.
- Use the chain function to create a rhythm structure for an entire song, and play it automatically.
- A rich array of input jacks includes one XLR mic input, two guitar/bass inputs, and a stereo AUX input, allowing multi-channel mixing.
- A high-quality reverb effect and equalizer are provided, giving you the freedom to shape your sound.
- You can perform along with a rhythm style, and record the combined result as an audio file on an SD card.
- Multi-track recording is supported, allowing you to produce more sophisticated tracks.
- The tuner function features a large meter for good visibility. You can also tune while hearing a guide tone.
- Acoustage technology delivers a spacious sound.
- The unit can be powered on six AA batteries, allowing up to seven hours of use.
- A separately sold foot switch lets you control the unit with your foot.
|Battery Type||AA x 6|
|Media||SDHC card 4 GB–32 GB (recommendation)|
MIC IN jacks: XLR
INPUT 1 jack, INPUT 2 jack (guitar, bass) 1/4"
AUX INPUT jack: 1/8”
|Format||PCM audio WAV format (file name extension .wav) 44.1 kHz, 16-bit, Stereo|
|Power Requirements||DC 9V, six AA batteries (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride are supported)|
|Dimensions||9.61" × 8.66" × 2.68"|
|Battery Life||Approximately 7 hours (when using alkaline batteries or nickel-metal hydride batteries)|
LINE OUT L/R jack: 1/4"
HEADPHONE jack: 1/8”