Lewitt LCT 940 Reference Class Tube/FET Microphone
The Lewitt LCT 940 combines the specific characteristics of a premium large-diaphragm FET condenser microphone and a top-notch tube microphone in one housing.
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
Basically, users can choose between the two main settings "FET" and "Tube". These two signal paths have been incorporated separately and work independently of each other.
"Tube" delivers the classic, warm and rich tube sound, while "FET" stands for the clear, exceptionally rich and nuanced sound LEWITT condenser microphones are renowned for. However, the LCT 940 offers another unique feature that true recording enthusiasts will swoon over: As the characteristics of the two main settings can be mixed and merged continuously variable, the LCT 940 opens up huge creative possibilities for artists and producers.
Furthermore, the LCT 940 features a total of nine different polar patterns – our five "standard" polar patterns omni-directional, cardioid, figure-8, wide- and super-cardioid and four additional intermediate patterns. The microphone features four levels of attenuation and four switchable high-pass filters, LEDs and push buttons for noiseless handling on the PSU. Automatic attenuation and clipping history round off the outstanding feature list of the LCT 940.
Rich in advanced technological features, the LCT 940 opens up a new dimension of sound reproduction in demanding professional studio applications. Its unrivaled set of qualities makes this microphone a must-have for recording pros who strive for nothing less than perfection.
- Combines the sonic characteristics of a tube and a FET mic in one single housing for maximum creative freedom and an undisturbed workflow
- Continuously variable switching and merging of tube and FET sound via rotating potentiometer
- 1-inch externally biased, dual-system capsule with ultra-thin , gold-layered low-mass diaphragms combined with a dual triode tube ensures accurate transient response while providing smooth, warm and airy tube sound
- Nine consistent directional characteristics – cardioid, omni-directional, figure-8, broad cardioid, supercardioid and four intermediate patterns – for maximum flexibility in a wide variety of recording applications
- Superior dynamic range of 128 dB-A (Tube) / 135 dB-A (FET) and exceptionally low self-noise of 12 dB-A (Tube) / 8 dB-A (FET) for ear-catching realism and distortion-free sonic depth
- 4-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 6 dB, 12 dB and 18 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels and 4-position high-pass filter
- Illuminated user interface and jog dials for easy handling even in dark environments
- Noiseless pushbuttons for quick and easy attenuation and HPF selection
- Unique features like clipping history and automatic attenuation provide error-free studio recording and unparalleled ease of use
- Solid die-cast metal body with a stylish, oversized tube inspection window specially coated for maximum protection against electromagnetic interference
- Custom PSU 940 power supply unit with sturdy full-metal housing and brushed, anodized black aluminum front
- Extra-large hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille provides an open acoustic environment and prevents unwanted internal reflections
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 3-pin XLR output connector
Things You Will Get:
- LCT 940 Microphone
- LCT 940 PSU Power Supply
- LCT 40 SHxx Shock Mount
- LCT 40 Tr 11-pin 5 meter Cable
- LCT 40 Wxx Foam Windscreen
- DTP 40 Lb Microphone Screen
- Military-grade Carrying Case
|Capsule/Element||1-inch externally biased, dual-system capsule; Tube/FET|
|Polar Pattern||Multi-Pattern: cardioid, omni-directional, figure-8, broad cardioid, supercardioid and four intermediate patterns|
|Dynamic Range||128 dB-A (Tube) / 135 dB-A (FET)|