Golden Age Project R1 ST Stereo Ribbon Microphone
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Protect Your Investment! ( More Info )
The R1 ST is very well suited for the recording of most sound sources such as vocals, acoustic instruments, strings, horns, orchestras and choral groups, as well as many live audio applications.
Each section of the R1 ST can also be used as a mono-microphone. The Figure-8 pattern of the ribbon sections gives you the the ability to seperate sound sources by placing the unwanted ones in the zero pick-up side directions. This will remove most of the direct sound from the sound source. The R1 ST will still pick up that source from the reverberant field in the recording room though.
- Two ribbon elements, one above the other @ 45deg. off center, in classic Blumlein configuration
- Creates a wonderful stereophonic representation of the sound source/acoustic environment
- Either side can be used as a mono microphone
- Captures every transient without harshness or hardness
- Ultra-high SPL capability, 160 dB SPL (1% THD @ 1kHz)
- 50mm long, 2 microns aluminium ribbons
- Includes shock mount and two transport cases
Things You Will Get:
- R1 ST Stereo Ribbon Microphone
- Shock Mount
- Transport Case
- User Guide
|Maximum SPL||160 dB SPL (1% THD @ 1kHz)|
|Capsule/Element||Two aluminiumribbon elements (50mm long, 2 microns) in classic Blumlein configuration|