Novation Peak Analog Synthesizer (Open Box)
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Novations' Peak sounds warm and rich with filthy, biting overdrive. It’s an eight-voice desktop polyphonic synthesiser with three New Oxford Oscillators for each voice. The synth has a resonant multi-mode analog filter for each voice.Analog where it matters. Digital where it counts.
Peak’s design consultant was none other than Chris Huggett, the man behind Bass Station, Supernova, OSCar and many more legendary synths. Peak has its origin in the Bass Station II analog monosynth, and Peak’s oscillators sound completely analog by being high-quality NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators), but gain the flexibility of the digital domain with 17 digital wavetables.
Build and refine new sounds from scratch.
Broaden out your electronic music, draw in new influences and take artistic risks. The modulation system puts the most frequently used assignments right at your fingertips in the main controls. More elaborate movements and secondary ‘via’ assignments are made just a few menu button presses away.
Connect to just about anything
You can plug Peak into your Mac or PC via USB and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so you can connect your other MIDI gear. Oh, and did we mention it connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input?
The synth has a resonant multi-mode analogue filter for each voice, and three distortion points for each voice – pre-filter, post-filter and global – in an analogue signal chain. Peak is capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips. Reverb, delay and chorus effects are at one's disposal, and there is also an on-board arpeggiator.
The modulation system puts a 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments in the main controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. There are three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice, and more elaborate movements and secondary ‘via’ assignments are made just a few menu button presses away. In addition, two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
Peak connects to modular systems via a CV modulation input, and has MIDI I/O on five-pin DIN ports, so other MIDI gear can be connected. Via USB, Peak can be plugged into Mac or PC, where unlimited patches can be kept using the Components software.
- Analog-sounding NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) and 17 digital wavetables.
- Three distortion points for each voice – pre-filter, post-filter and global – in an analogue signal chain.
- Capable of receiving polyphonic aftertouch, which puts expression right at your fingertips.
- New Oxford Oscillators for each voice can become a linear FM source using either the analog-sounding NCOs (Numerically-Controlled Oscillators) or digital wavetables.
- 16-slot modulation matrix and 16 direct assignments
- Three ADSR envelopes and two LFOs for each voice.
- Two animate buttons give live performers instant one-touch transformation of patches.
- Connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware.
- CV modulation input used to slot together modular systems.
- Keep as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Components software.
- Optional keyboard stand not included & shown for display purposes only; see SKU: NPEAKSTND-P
Things You Will Get:
- Peak Analog Synthesizer
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- Owner's Manual
Chorus - 3 types
Delay w/delay sync
Reverb - 3 types
|Presets||Patch storage: up to 512 on hardware (ships with 256 factory patches)|
|Dimensions||9.17"W x 18.27"D x 2.78"H|
|Outputs||1/4" jack for left and right outputs; 1/4" jack socket for headphone output|
|Arpeggiator||Arpeggiator w/ key latch – 33 patterns|
|Polyphony||8 note polyphony (dependent on voices used per note)|
8.55 lbs (w/o accessories)
10.80 lbs (w/accessories)
|Other Features||Kensington Security Slot|
|Included Software||Ableton Live Lite 9|