Tascam HS-P82 8-Track Pro Field Recorder
The HS-P82 is built for location television and film production audio, with eight microphone inputs for big shoots or reality programs. It offers 8 tracks of the hi-quality recording, yet it's built for the rigors of location recording.
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Audio is recorded at up to 192kHz/24-bit WAV format to a pair of Compact Flash cards. This solid state media is completely reliable with no moving parts, and you can record to both cards simultaneously for extra security (card-mirroring). The Broadcast WAV files include iXML metadata for quick import into nearly any video or audio editing system, either via the USB 2.0 connection or a standard card reader.
For multi-microphone music or surround effects recording, the HS-P82 includes Mid-Side decoding – either recorded to the track or only for monitoring & playback. Microphone gain settings can be ganged together for input level control or fades, and inputs automatically mute when the gain is moved to its minimum setting.
Tascam provides firmware upgrades for products from time to time. The latest upgrade - V1.20 - provides the ability to rename takes and automatically start and pause recording in response to the state of an external timecode signal. Please visit the Download section for upgrade software, release notes and owner's manual addendums. There is also a Quick Start Guide download available.
The HS-P82 offers several options for power. It runs on either NP batteries or AA, an included AC adapter, external DC input or a V-mount adapter for Endura batteries. An internal slate microphone is available for naming takes. Functions like a 5-second pre-record buffer, front panel lockout and headphone output alert signal further inspire confidence.
For high-resolution music recording, a set of AES/EBU connectors is available for attaching pedigree A/D converters and preamplifiers. SMPTE timecode in and out, video and word sync are provided. All of this is controlled from a color touchscreen interface which makes operation fast and simple.
The HS-P82 from Tascam is built on 30 years of reliable field recording. See how affordable the state of the art can be with Tascam's flagship production recorder, the HS-P82.
• Dual Compact Flash recording media supports backup and mirroring
• Long battery life through low power usage
• Easy to read and operate using pivoting TFT Color Touch Panel interface
• All-aluminum chassis is rugged yet lightweight
• 8-track recording plus stereo mix for a total of 10-track recording
• 8-track recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit
• 4-track recording at 192kHz/24-bit
• Broadcast WAV (BWF) support with iXML metadata
• Take renaming function
• Up to 5-second pre-record buffer
• Internal microphone for slate recording
• Limiter and low-cut filter per track
• Mid-side microphone decoding – either during recording or on monitor/playback only
• Trim ganging for multi-channel/multi-microphone input level control (both MIC and LINE level inputs)
• Minimum input gain setting mutes input
• Auto or manual cue points
• Alert signal to headphone output
• Retake function
• Panel lockout function to prevent accidental transport switching
Get your Tascam HS-P82 8-Track Pro Field Recorder today at the guaranteed lowest price from Sam Ash Direct with our 45-day return and 60-day price protection policy.
Things You Will Get:
- HS-P82 8-Track Pro Field Recorder
- Power Cable
- Owner's Manual
|Media||Dual Compact Flash recording media supports backup and mirroring|
|Inputs||high-quality microphone preamps and A/D converters|
|Phantom Power||+48V phantom power per ea. channel each (standard XLR connectors)|
SMPTE Timecode In and Out (BNC connector)
Video/Word Clock/Cascade I/O (BNC connector)
|Outputs||2 balanced analog outputs (XLR connector)|
MSRP: Old Price
$25.99Discounted Price $16.99 to $32.99 Save: $9.00 (34.63%)
MSRP: Old Price
$19.99Discounted Price $11.95 Save: $8.04 (40.22%)
MSRP: Old Price
$49.99Discounted Price $32.99 Save: $17.00 (34.01%)