Rivera RockCrusher Power Attenuator
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
The RockCrusher is invaluable and unbeatably versatile because you can place it between your amp and speaker cab as a power attenuator, or use it in place of your speaker cabinet as a load box while sending its balanced XLR or unbalanced ¼” line out to another amp as a slave, or even send its output to a mixer for recording or live performance.
In addition to providing superior tone, impedance matching is critical for your tube amp’s health and longevity. The RockCrusher has an 8/16-ohm selector switch so you can use either value to accurately match your cabinets and amplifiers. For “bypass on the fly,” which lets you use the amp with a speaker cabinet when full output level is desired, Rivera included a front-panel full bypass switch that removes the load entirely. When low speaker volume is desired, there is a Studio position of the Attenuator Level Selector that enables the Studio Level control to adjust from low to quiet output–perfect for home, project, and studio recording. Balanced XLR and unbalanced ¼” phone jacks with a convenient front-panel level control allow interfacing with practically any audio equipment. Two Speaker jacks allow easy connection with up to two speaker enclosures.
Bullet-proof construction, a standard feature of Rivera equipment, is also engineered into the Rock Crusher: Within the 16-gauge welded steel chassis of the RockCrusher, heavy-duty and rugged industrial-grade components used throughout, designed to give you years of reliable, cool-running service. In addition, both sides of the RockCrusher chassis facilitate mounting rack ears or other brackets for professional road case installation.
- Superior natural tone balance at any level
- Selectable 8- and 16-ohm capability
- Reactive internal network for true amplifier/load interaction
- Immense thermal capacity ensures cool running and long life
- Tight impedance tolerances
- XLR and unbalanced line outputs with level control
- Low- and high-frequency equalization selection
- Load box and attenuator function up to 120W RMS capacity
- Enormous and robust internal components
- Full bypass capability with no insertion loss