Rupert Neve Designs PORTICO II Master Buss Proccesor
The Portico II Master Buss Processor is a tool that redefines the boundaries and limitations of traditional 2-channel compression and limiting.
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
The MBP’s two compressor sections allow virtually limitless possibilities in dynamics for either dual mono or stereo sources, with controls for ratio, threshold, attack, release, blend, side chain HPF, limit and make up gain. When engaged, the compressor section can be used in both feed-forward and feed-back modes to provide a transparent modern response, or a smoother, more musical vintage response.
The Portico II Master Buss Processor also features an extremely versatile, transparent and musical limiter. This limiter is extremely intelligent, knowing how to appropriately respond to the various signals presented to it. Adaptive Release Technology is behind this revolutionary performance. Using a blend of release time constants to simultaneously respond quickly to transient material and slowly to more sluggish signals. This configuration allows the limiter to grab a transient and let go just an instant later, while also dealing with more constant signals in a slower, more musical way.
The Stereo Field Editor:
The stereo field editor on the MBP takes traditional M-S techniques to new heights with width, depth and corresponding bandpass filters. The width control enables the user to increase or decrease the width of a stereo image (wide/mono) and adjust the amount of ambience inherent in the recording. The depth control adjusts the spatial positioning of elements in the sound stage. Center-panned elements like solo instrument or vocal can be brought forward in a mix, in relation to supporting instruments.
- Hardwire bypass for MBP, including the input and output transformers
- Texture Continuously variable control for Silk and Silk+ modes allows the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of each channel
- SC HPF Introduces a HPF at 250Hz to the VCA side chain signal.
- MBP compressor uses a combination of peak and RMS (average) detection to trigger the VCA set below 1ms. When disengaged, it follows RMS alone
- Threshold Range from -30dBu to +20dBU
- Attack Time Range from 20 mS to 75 mS
- Release/Recovery TimeRange of RELEASE time is 100 mS to 2.5 Seconds
- Stereo Operation When the LINK switch is engaged, channel A becomes the master control, and any gain reduction happens simultaneously in both channel
- Side Chain Send/ReturnExternal compressor side chain send and return on 2 x TRS jacks.
Things You Will Get:
- PORTICO II Master Buss Proccesor*
|Gain||-6dBu to +20 dBu|
|Other Controllers||Ratio 1:1 - 40:1, Threshold -30dBU to +20dBu, Blend 0%- 100% (Variable)|
|Dimensions||(H)3.5" X (W)19" x (D)12"|
|Model||PORTICO II Master Buss Proccesor|