Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerators
Item is available as a recurring order
To automatically re-order this item before you run out, select the recurring order option during checkout.
Introducing the Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt: Now get the rich analog sound of UAD plug-ins over Thunderbolt.The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac users to “supercharge” their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library, including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more.
With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is a professional solution for UAD plug-ins, and an ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces.
Four or Eight SHARC Processors
UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerators are available in two processing levels: QUAD or OCTO, with either four or eight individual Analog Devices SHARC processors, respectively; this outboard processing “supercharges” your host computer.
Available with CORE, CUSTOM or ULTIMATE software packages
The Core package includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, while Custom includes the Analog Classics Plus bundle, and a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The OCTO Ultimate is UA’s flagship package, and includes all 79 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software v7.8.
All packages include the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, featuring:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp and Equalizer
- 1176LN/SE Classic Limiting Amplifiers (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Tube Limiter (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro Equalizers (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA Precision Enhancer Hz
- CS-1 Precision Channel
- RealVerb Pro Room Modeler
The UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform offers the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins for Mac and PC. Powered by Universal Audio's popular DSP Accelerator hardware, UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems. From rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines, UAD Powered Plug-Ins inject three-dimensional “out-of-the-box” analog sound directly into your in-the-box mixes.
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on newer Macs
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including UAD-2 PCIe card(s), and Apollo audio interfaces
- Compatible with VST, AU, RTAS, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- Compatible with Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Fan-free design for silent operation
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Roland, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, MXR and more (sold separately)
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion or 10.9.x Mavericks
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- 4 GB available disk space
- Available PCI Express (PCIe) slot for each UAD-2 card
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
Things You Will Get:
- UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Accelerator
- External Power Supply
- Plug In Bundle (upon registration)
|Dimensions||7”W x 6.75”L x 1.75"H|